I just purchased the oem Verizon holster for my Storm 2. My question is the clip does not press against the holster so it does not have a snug fit on my pocket. Is this a defect with my holster or just the design? I have attached a picture.

Also, has anyone had this hard plastic clip scratch the top their blackberry? The guy at the Verizon store said it won't but I don't believe that. Thank you.

01-15-10 11:04 PM
    I have never liked that design becuase it is too easy to bump it just right and phone falls out. I like the Verizon Wireless Shell/Holster Combo much better, and since the phone with the shell on it does not increase the size of the phone very much and then the phone/shell combo slides down into the holster it is much more secure. And both items are a matte black so it does not look out of place with the phone.
    01-16-10 12:08 AM
    I would say a defect and my clip did scrape the top of my phone. Its common sense that if it gets brushed a crossed every time your put on the phone in the clip that it till put wear and tear on it.
    01-16-10 12:09 AM
    Your clip is just slightly farther away than mine. Keep in mind that it is designed to grip a belt (which it does very well). As for scratching the top of the device, I've used this holster since I got the Storm2 (launch day) and the top of the device is smooth as ever with no damage to the device. Verizon reps actually use those holsters.
    01-16-10 05:46 AM
    I also have that same holster and my belt clip looks exactly like in the pic. While there aren't any "scratches" on the top of my Storm, a small piece of the chrome bezel had flaked off where the clip grabs the phone.
    01-16-10 08:22 AM
    Thank you everyone, I appreciate the replies. Not feeling too good about this case now.
    01-16-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD