Dear All,

At the moment, my BBM 5.0 keeps re-inviting current contacts. This happens after I put my SIM card on my friend BB Bold to help him make sure that his BB doesnt have a suspended PIN.

Is there anyway i can solve this problem? I tried to search the forum to find the solution, unfortunately there is no thread relating to this thread.

Thank you in advance.
    09-19-09 03:30 AM
    How about not using leaked beta software that isn't official to begin with.

Try the beta forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 05:55 AM
    How about not using leaked beta software that isn't official to begin with.

Try the beta forum.

come on, who cares who uses the leaked BBM5. OP, i would log back into your BIS account and resend your service books. also, make sure the your friends PIN is deleted off your account. the error is probably due to you swapping PINS on your account.
    09-19-09 06:41 AM
    come on, who cares who uses the leaked BBM5. OP, i would log back into your BIS account and resend your service books. also, make sure the your friends PIN is deleted off your account. the error is probably due to you swapping PINS on your account.
    I think the reason people care is because we get inundated by questions that are b est served in another forum. Not a lot of people like supporting beta software as most of the time the answers simply involve guesswork and luck.

So best send it to a place where there's a large number of people who are interested in dealing this stuff and not clogging the rest of the forums with it.

09-19-09 09:21 AM
    well yea he posted it in the wrong forum. but what else is new around here.
    09-19-09 09:32 AM
    Dear All,

At the moment, my BBM 5.0 keeps re-inviting current contacts. This happens after I put my SIM card on my friend BB Bold to help him make sure that his BB doesnt have a suspended PIN.

Is there anyway i can solve this problem? I tried to search the forum to find the solution, unfortunately there is no thread relating to this thread.

Thank you in advance.
    your contacts in BBM 5.0 are saved to your memory card by default unless you change that option...when you changed blackberries BBM just recognized that it was a different PIN and tried to add the contacts to the new pin number....
    its a great feature for people with multiple blackberries......
    09-19-09 09:40 AM
    I use bbm5 too and if I have issues I don't expect answers here in the 8900 forum. Its no big deal but as Radius says this forum gets polluted with 5.0 non-sense too often and 5.0 threads are NOT 8900 specific. They are all universal. Smmoooches to all!

09-19-09 10:47 AM
    Am very sorry about posting it in a wrong section. After reading the replies, I still dont know what to do with it? Should I downgrade to older version of BBM?

I've tried resending my service books. Any other solution. Because every 3 days or so, my BBM will try to re-invite some of my current contacts.
    09-19-09 11:10 PM
    Try:

Options
    Security Options
    General Settings
    Content Protection: DISABLE

09-19-09 11:26 PM
    Try:

Options
    Security Options
    General Settings
    Content Protection: DISABLE

Thanks for the tip. However, the setting for content protection was set disable already...
    09-22-09 11:54 AM
    Dear All,

Thank you in advance.
    every time you put your sim card in a new BB the BBM servers think you switched to a new phone so in order to make things easier for you they migrate all your contacts to your "new" pin number...you put your sim back ino your phone and BBM tries to migrate all your BBM info back to your pin so it sends invites to all your friends to make the transition easier for you to your so called "new" PIN/BB
    bottom line is BBM is doing exactly what it was designed to do and there is nothing wrong with it....
    how about stop sticking your sim into other phones to solve the "problem" you have
    Last edited by giantfan30; 11-26-09 at 03:21 PM.
    11-26-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD