I have the messenger icon saying there are two new messeges but whern I go in I dont see any messeges. I have did a battery pull and reinstalled the messeger. Does anyone have any ideas?
    02-05-10 05:34 PM
    Have you cleared your voice mail and do you have gmail app? Sometimes you have to call your cell and leave a message and then go in and delete previous.
    02-05-10 05:47 PM
    I have check voice mail and it is clear. I dont have gmail. The icon doenst come up as voice mail icon. It comes up as bb messege icon. I appreciate your help, Dave
    02-05-10 07:05 PM
    This seems to be a bug with the newest bbm 5.0.0.57 Is this the one you have? there are lots of other people on here complaining about the same problem, including me. I even uninstalled bbm and re-installed, only to have the phantom indicator come back. I have been living with it since there seems to be no fix. Others have suggested going back to a previous version of bbm...most say 4.whatever did not have this problem, but I like the preview feature for photos so i will put up with it.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-05-10 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-05-10 08:51 PM
    yes, i have the 5.0 version. thanks it sounds like im stuck with it, oh well
    02-05-10 09:09 PM
    simple solution for me is every morning i do a battery pull. also if bbm ever puts up the ghost icon, i bbm myself and when i open the message to myself, problem solved.
    02-05-10 09:16 PM
    ok, i'll give this a try. i have gotten several messges from people and thought when i opened it that the problem would go away. after recieving a new messege the icon goes from two to three and after checking the messege it goes right back to two.
    02-05-10 09:20 PM
    OMG I've posted this 400 times, don't people read previous threads? .57 has a multitude of documented bugs, one of which is the fact that sometimes new message notifications will stay forever. Battery pulls do not solve the problem.

You should not be running .57 if you don't want this "feature." You should revert to .33. There is another thread here with the link which I'm not going to bother to find.

Please stop contributing to the spread of bad information!
    02-05-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD