I have been using BBM for nearly 3 years with no problems. This week, one of my contacts (the main person I send BBM to) has stopped being able to receive my messages. Every other contact can be messaged no problem

The message will come up with the tick but no 'D' or 'R'

I have looked into the issue and it may have been my service provider, but after going into the 'host routing table' and clicking 'register now' it hasn't made any differences. Also o2 couldn't do anything.

Messages sent from the other contact will receive no problem, and I can reply to any messages - it is just starting a conversation as such.

It is restricted to the one contact

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-02-10 10:29 AM
    Maybe your friend switched to the iPhone... I'm just kidding bud... hope you figure it out. I had that problem with a friend but I tried calling to resolve it and he called from another phone.. turns out his phone was run over after it fell from his pocket... Keep us posted.
    12-02-10 12:04 PM
    Maybe your friend switched to the iPhone... I'm just kidding bud... hope you figure it out. I had that problem with a friend but I tried calling to resolve it and he called from another phone.. turns out his phone was run over after it fell from his pocket... Keep us posted.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-02-10 03:10 PM
    I'm having the same problem only I don't think anyone is getting my messages. This is my first post and new to CB and BM but have had a lot of BB's. 6 to be exact. Have done a battery pull and checked my BBM profile. I'm not sure maybe a setting I overlooked? It was working yesteday. Even tried sending mssgs to myself and...no reply any advice would be appreciated.

12-02-10 03:15 PM
    Update: deleted the contact and re-added hasn't solved the problem :S
    12-03-10 01:25 PM
    I can't do anything with BBM. Its like its not even connected period. I deleted the application and DL again and nothing.

12-03-10 06:21 PM
    Delete them from BBM, back up your BBM contacts locally, then use DM to clear your BBM database, if there is one. Then restore your backup, then re-add the friend.

12-03-10 06:42 PM
    there is a known system-wide production issue that has been reported. RIM is working on a solution. it may require a roll-out of a new version later this week. stay tuned. thanks.
    12-06-10 02:17 PM
    I've tried the delete and wipe, that didn't work

Would this be a new version of BBM?

I've figured that the other contact receives my messages when they send me one
    12-07-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD