Hello.. sorry i'm a noob here.. so i have this problem for almost 1 month..
    Every morning I have to keep re-inviting a few contacts on my BBM contact list. They appear on my list, but when I try to talk to them, a message saying some something along the line of "This person does not have you on his/her contact list. Do you want to re-invite?"
    When I asked them about it, they said that I disappeared from their contact list.
    Is there anyone having the same problem? Is the problem on their side or mine?

Thx. Regards
    08-28-10 12:48 AM
    What version of bbm are you running??? Back up your contact list and make sure your friends have added you to their list too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 05:56 AM
    i curently using ver. 5.0.0.822. i also back up my contact remotely & on SD.
    did i set my blackberry wrong?
    08-28-10 07:00 AM
    i post this problem on blackberry official forum and found that there are few people had the same problem as me. but still no response from admin..

Problem with BBM Contacts - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

i need advice please.. thx b4
    08-28-10 07:17 AM
    Have you tried downgrading your BBM version?
    08-28-10 09:54 PM
    I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEMS. Nobody seems to have any answers to this problems
    03-31-11 11:28 AM
    I too have this problem....
    Every morning a few of my contacts have disappeared :-(
    It is the most annoying thing to daily invite my BBM contacts....
    Does anyone have any solutions ?
    08-28-11 07:19 AM
    Same problem here. I was trying to do a device swap from 9700 to 9900 when the process failed because of insufficient space on the 9900 (hah!). Gave up after the 3rd failure and decide to backup the 9700 and restore it to the 9900 instead.

When the restore is done, I move the SIM and notice that while I have all my BBM contacts, I lost all my groups and I need to reinvite everyone to talk to them. No biggie, I reinvite them all and told them to delete my old PIN (since the swap failed this need to be done manually). The next day I have to reinvite my about 10 of my BBM contact again because somehow their device lost my new PIN and replaced it with the old, deleted, one. I thought that was a once off glitch, which was correct except for 2 of them.

Since then, these 2 people's BB ALWAYS lost my new PIN (going 2 weeks now) and replace it with my old one. On my end, their contact is still there like nothing happens, but when I tried to contact them I was prompted to reinvite or delete, which I need to do daily. On their end, the new PIN is deleted and a new contact with my old PIN is created. Even when they delete my old PIN and not add the new one (one of the experiments we do to fix this), they find that in the morning my old PIN reappears (so if they have say, 40 contact after deleting me before going to bed, they wake up with 41), freaky...

What stumps me is that from about 29 contacts, 19 never had any problem, 8 have this happens only once, but 2 have this happens daily. It must be on my end because it only happens after the failed transfer. I have tried everything (wipe, delete, uninstall & reinstall BBM, backup and restore BBM, device etc.) bar switching device again since I fear making the problem worse (I'd throw my BB to the floor if the device switch result in more of my contacts getting this problem). Anyone found an answer?

Note: If this goes on for another week I will try to do the device switch, I got a new 9790 sitting around, should I do a switch with the old 9700 or the 9790?
    01-08-12 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD