I can only add people to my messenger if I go to their name in my contacts and add their pin. If I go to BBM and choose add a contact the person never gets it. Any ideas?
    01-31-09 02:01 PM
    That's usually what I do too. Add the pin to the contact first and then add the contact in BBM. If I just add the pin in BBM it won't work. A wierd bug I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 02:15 PM
    I have the same issue and have never been able to sort out why its happening. If I add them just straight (not in my list) like people from CB they never get it. They always have to add me. I have been told if you keep trying eventually it will work but I tried 5 times just the other day and it never went through, they had to add me - which always works

No clue. Good luck
    01-31-09 02:22 PM
    Weird... oh well, at least I know I'm not alone!
    01-31-09 02:26 PM
    There are a few of us. Its a pain in the arse. I just wished I knew why it happens, thankfully people can still add me so it works out. Not a total loss
    01-31-09 02:34 PM
    I had an issue where I tried to add ppl and sometimes their menu looked way different than mine. When I hit "add a contact" it shows that I can type in a PIN or an email address. Once I do that, it works pretty normal. But other ppls screens dont look that simple. I'm thinking it has to do with the verzion of BBM that u have. But I know there are issues with it as I have experienced it too. What OS are u running on ur curve honey...
    01-31-09 02:44 PM
    LOL I shoulda just BBM'd you and asked. I forgot you're my own personal BB guru. My menu only gives me the option to add it as an email address. When I add it as such it shows the message that will appear on the other persons phone like it went thru. Idk, I never add people randomly anyway so I spose it doesn't matter much! Hope you're feeling better! XOXO
    01-31-09 02:47 PM
    actually no, my face is startin to swell today. I guess it was too good to be true... Ah, but either way, the extractions still went well I guess. Pain meds r my friend! lol

as for BBM, what OS r u running? I would of thought u'd be current with at least 4.5.0.77. if anything, call me or BBM me and we can go over it. Thanks for the wishes, muahz!
    01-31-09 03:09 PM
    I had an issue where I tried to add ppl and sometimes their menu looked way different than mine. When I hit "add a contact" it shows that I can type in a PIN or an email address. Once I do that, it works pretty normal. But other ppls screens dont look that simple. I'm thinking it has to do with the verzion of BBM that u have. But I know there are issues with it as I have experienced it too. What OS are u running on ur curve honey...
    Of course, the OS version!!! I kept wondering why it would only like let me enter a contact or I'd have to hit "use once" and then enter an e-mail, but it must have been because my (non-CB) friends were still on 4.3!
    01-31-09 06:31 PM
    When i am adding ppl to my bbm it seems to only allow to me add people that are in teh same province as me... why cant i add them if they live somewhere else.. and i do not recieve anything when they try to add me either???
    10-19-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD