I'll begin my problem from the beginning to see if you guys can see a user error. It might be.

Before I got my Storm 2 with Verizon, I was using a Pearl Flip on T-Mobile. Once I got my S2, I gave the Pearl Flip to my cousin who was on T-Mobile. He took out his SIM card (he wasn't using a BlackBerry of any kind) and put it into the Pearl Flip. The phone worked with all of his info and we were off.

The problem is that I can't get him onto my BBM contacts. I have tried adding him in BBM, in the address book, everything. It always says pending although he never gets the invite. If he adds me, I never get the invite. Its like nothing happened. The funny thing is, when he texts me, it makes the BBM notification sound but the text goes into the SMS folder. And his thread of texts always either has a weird phone indicator thing next to it instead of a speech bubble. Or sometimes its just completely white. Sometimes when I'm using BBM with one of my other contacts, I even see his thread of texts in the BBM conversation list. Its not there now however.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it (probably does) but I know for a fact that he still has his old phone. And I'm pretty sure that sometimes, his SIM card is in the old phone. I don't know why he does this, but it might be causing some issues. The thing is, when he IS using his BlackBerry, I take both phones, and try to add each others PINs and nothing.

What I'm thinking is that he didn't add some kind of BlackBerry service? Anyone second that? Or is it something on my end?
    04-12-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD