I have 4 Blackberries in my family and mine being the 9700 is the only one having this problem. BBM lags very bad but the messages in my group go through instantly. Is this a 9700 problem or a AT&T problem? I have updated the OS and also deleted and reinstalled BBM.

Thanks for the help!
    01-27-10 08:25 PM
    I have BBM on T-mobiles 9700 and it works fine. Every once in a while I do a battery pull to free up space and i also just found an app called quick pull in the app store which is free which does that without physically removing the battery.
    01-27-10 08:30 PM
    Got no problems with BBM on the Bell Network here in Canada...
    01-27-10 08:31 PM
    alt-shift-delete is just like a battery pull and I do that every morning
    01-27-10 08:36 PM
    alt-shift-delete is just like a battery pull and I do that every morning
    No...[alt+r shift+del] is NOT just like a battery pull. It leaves power to the main board and memory. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for a battery pull. There are apps that simulate a reboot but nothing but a true battery pull will stop the flow of power to the internal memory.

Please don't provide inaccurate information to other members as you may confuse them. They might not know you have no idea what you're talking about.
    01-27-10 09:18 PM
    No problems with BBM 9700 on AT&T
    01-27-10 09:27 PM
    No...[alt+r shift+del] is NOT just like a battery pull. It leaves power to the main board and memory. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for a battery pull. There are apps that simulate a reboot but nothing but a true battery pull will stop the flow of power to the internal memory.

Please don't provide inaccurate information to other members as you may confuse them. They might not know you have no idea what you're talking about.
    yup, have to agree nothing replaces a battery pull...
    01-27-10 09:31 PM

Ok well I did a google search and also a search on CB and it seems to me that (alt+r shift+delete) is the same as a battery pull .

Maybe you are the one that is giving inaccurate info?
    01-27-10 09:43 PM

That's a bit harsh considering there are many posts about how the short cut and Quickpull work.

You are correct there is no substitute for a true battery pull but in most cases the shortcut or Quickpull will be more than enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 09:58 PM
    Ok well I did a google search and also a search on CB and it seems to me that (alt+r shift+delete) is the same as a battery pull .

Maybe you are the one that is giving inaccurate info?
    Then you have no concept of energy and how it works. If you remove the battery then NO power is flowing through any circuits. If you leave the battery in and do a reboot, power is still flowing through circuits. That means that there is residual memory retention. It isn't rocket science. It's common sense.

As stated, most of the time a reboot or 'quickpull' will do, but please, for the sake of common sense, realize that nothing is the same as a real battery pull.

Go Google whatever you like. I have far more experience with Blackberries and I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Now enjoy your 43 posts and have a good night noob.
    01-27-10 10:04 PM
    Then you have no concept of energy and how it works. If you remove the battery then NO power is flowing through any circuits. If you leave the battery in and do a reboot, power is still flowing through circuits. That means that there is residual memory retention. It isn't rocket science. It's common sense.

As stated, most of the time a reboot or 'quickpull' will do, but please, for the sake of common sense, realize that nothing is the same as a real battery pull.

Go Google whatever you like. I have far more experience with Blackberries and I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Now enjoy your 43 posts and have a good night noob.
    I am also going to agree with you, although nothing takes the place of a battery pull, which I still do occasinally. But I use batterypull in the morning just to free up the stuff I don't use often and I have proven that it does work.

Although when things get chopped down real bad i usually go through my email and messages and delete them and then do a physical battery pull.

Where I will point something you said out,You said "It's common sense." but in a previous sentence "Then you have no concept of energy and how it works."

Which indeed is not common sense.
    01-27-10 10:26 PM
    I am also going to agree with you, although nothing takes the place of a battery pull, which I still do occasinally. But I use batterypull in the morning just to free up the stuff I don't use often and I have proven that it does work.

Although when things get chopped down real bad i usually go through my email and messages and delete them and then do a physical battery pull.

Where I will point something you said out,You said "It's common sense." but in a previous sentence "Then you have no concept of energy and how it works."

Which indeed is not common sense.
    Flashlights are a good example. If you leave the batteries in a flashlight, all you have to do is push the button and it comes on. That's because power is still flowing through the light through circuits. If you take the batteries out and push the button....well, nothing works. You remove the power source completely.

Anything with a battery works the same way. THAT IS common sense.
    01-27-10 10:29 PM
    It is common sense to you. Someone who does not have any experience in that field, wouldn't know how it works.

That's like basically talking to someone who does not watch sports and they don't know a rule, to the person that is explaining the rule it might be common sense but not both ways.
    01-27-10 10:55 PM
    [QUOTE=3CISSBB;4572655]No...[alt+r shift+del] is NOT just like a battery pull. It leaves power to the main board and memory. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for a battery pull. There are apps that simulate a reboot but nothing but a true battery pull will stop the flow of power to the internal memory.

Agreed. Similar to a battery pull but not a true pull. Useful if phone is in a case or if you want to try a fix without pulling battery, but I work in the industry and see battery pulls fix things alt shift delete doesn't.

01-27-10 11:22 PM
    Happens to me from time to time. All I do is disable the radio & enable. Problem solved

01-27-10 11:26 PM
    Nothing is like a true battery pull but pulling the battery out everytime you need to do this gets annoying. i used to use quickpull but now i use meterberry
    01-28-10 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD