10-15-11 12:59 PM
132 ... 3456
tools
    FWIW Orange tweeted this earlier today...

"On Thursday 9th June 2011, @OrangeHelpers said:

For Blackberry users having issues when connected via UMA/Wifi, please disable wifi, reboot and reset the HRT (for OS5 Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, press Blackberry/menu key and select Register Now and for OS6 Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Host Routing Table, press blackberry/menu key and select Register Now)."
    Does not work, having lots of problems atm :/
    06-09-11 01:26 PM
    Does not work, having lots of problems atm :/
    Snap, was okay for the past wee while but now, even though BIS says I'm connected via UMA, I'm getting error messages all over the place for "no data connection". Frustrating.
    06-09-11 02:07 PM
    Snap, was okay for the past wee while but now, even though BIS says I'm connected via UMA, I'm getting error messages all over the place for "no data connection". Frustrating.
    I've been told to turn off Wi-Fi for now and just keep checking. BIS on mobile network is working (barely may I add) but better than WiFi.
    06-09-11 02:57 PM
    Well - I've just read all these posts and, as the title suggests, phew!!

I contacted my IT department as I thought it was the phone - glad now to see it's a global problem.

I needed to move a router in the house, suddenly WiFi on the BB packed up - tried E V E R Y thing - factory reset the router, deleted service books, swore a bit, deleted the WiFi settings, swore a bit more, googled it, swore even more, then found this......

I've been off on WiFi for about 3 days - icon greyed out even though everything seems to be working okay - I can ping Google and other websites etc.

EDGE works okay - get messages, BBM, emails etc just bad Vodafone signal means I can't go on facebook, twitter etc via WiFi.

Hurry UP RIM and get it sorted please...
    06-09-11 03:00 PM
    I've been told to turn off Wi-Fi for now and just keep checking. BIS on mobile network is working (barely may I add) but better than WiFi.
    Yeah, I've done that but I agree it's still awful. Many apps are just timing out, mails are getting through but delayed. Grrr!
    06-09-11 03:01 PM
    Yeah, I've done that but I agree it's still awful. Many apps are just timing out, mails are getting through but delayed. Grrr!
    Yep is doing my head in, just installed a hybrid and now trying to install apps etc and its taking soo long.
    06-09-11 03:08 PM
    Is this also effecting the setup of emails on the BB.

I am trying to set my wifes BB to her work email but I cannot get to the first stage. After around a minute or so of the timer I get the message.

"Your device had a problem connecting to the server."

I get the option to Retry or Cancel.

Retry eventually gives the same message again.
    06-09-11 03:10 PM
    I'm on Orange UK, was having major BIS problems, plugged into DTM to see if that would help and got an upgrade from OS5 to OS6, I thought that would solve it - nothing changed on the BIS front (though I do love the 'new' OS). Its sooooo frustrating that its not working properly. I haven't seen anything from RIM in relation to correcting the issue.
    Interestingly, while BBM (and everything else) is having all sorts of delays, LiveProfile is flying through without a problem...
    Help RIM - make it better, please!
    06-09-11 03:43 PM
    I'm with the rest of you, BIS works on mobile network and rebooting and re-registering has been no help.

Very irritating as it also means no UMA but hopefully now RIM are aware it won't be too long til it's working.
    06-09-11 03:51 PM
    Following a bit of research, it appears to only be when used over Wi-Fi, as my Orange signal is very poor, I rely on Wi-Fi. So not much in the world of BIS for me to use at this time, sadly.
    06-09-11 04:10 PM
    This whole thing is WIFI related, the network works just fine, do keep WIFI off in the meantime though, it can cause problems especially on Orange as it supports UMA calling.
    06-09-11 04:17 PM
    Posted by BlackBerry UK & Ireland on Facebook and Twitter today...

"Some of our customers are having issues connecting to BlackBerry services over WiFi. Our product teams are aware of this and are looking into it."
    06-09-11 05:23 PM
    This started on Monday for me - today is Friday. That's day 5......

RIM are failing us here. I wonder if the outage was US wide how quickly it would be fixed.....
    06-10-11 04:55 AM
    5pm Friday now. I'm at work so cant check, but anyone got any improvement? Please tell me its gonna be fixed before the weekend....
    Last edited by andy625; 06-10-11 at 11:04 AM.
    06-10-11 10:59 AM
    From twitter:

"UK_BlackBerry BlackBerry UK
    We apologise if you're still experiencing issues connecting to BB over WiFi in EMEA. We'll bring you an update as soon as we can."

Mine seems to be fine over mobile network now. Still no good over wifi.
    06-10-11 11:56 AM
    Everything working ok apart from over wifi for me, came back online for a few hours last night but gone again. Hope they get their fingers out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 12:57 PM
    To update this, I spoke to a lady at Orange at around 5.30pm today and she told me they had an update on their screen saying the problem was being investigated by RIM and she told me the expected resolution was 12 hours. The time of that update was 16.40 so by tomorrow morning if what I was told is true then the Wi-Fi bug should be resolved.
    06-10-11 01:48 PM
    To update this, I spoke to a lady at Orange at around 5.30pm today and she told me they had an update on their screen saying the problem was being investigated by RIM and she told me the expected resolution was 12 hours. The time of that update was 16.40 so by tomorrow morning if what I was told is true then the Wi-Fi bug should be resolved.
    well, here in Texas, USA, my Torch jumps from BIS to BEs in a blink of an eye.

06-10-11 05:17 PM
    Seems Orange have fixed their issue, I now have full BIS over Wifi and the BB logo is back! Let's hope it lasts!
    06-11-11 08:42 AM
    Same here with SFR BIS and BES over WIFI and 3G
    06-11-11 08:49 AM
    Seems Orange have fixed their issue, I now have full BIS over Wifi and the BB logo is back! Let's hope it lasts!
    Last time I tested mine was 1.30pm and as usual it looked like it should work but didn't.

Through all the outage my phone has shown it should work, with logos in the right places and thes service status page showing it is connected correctly but when it came down to actually transmitting/receiving data it failed.
    06-11-11 09:47 AM
    Just to say that mine is now working. Looks just the same as normal but now it does actually transmit and receive data as well so I'm sorted
    06-11-11 11:54 AM
    Just to say that mine is now working. Looks just the same as normal but now it does actually transmit and receive data as well so I'm sorted
    I wonder what kind of updates they have done. It's obviously something to do with the new 9900 me thinks.

06-11-11 11:59 AM
    my wifi sign finaly turned wihte this AM! im now able to use data over wifi while roaming in denver colorado
    06-11-11 12:30 PM
    STILL off, vodafone Spain.....this is getting ridiculous now!! Come on RIM sort things out......
    06-12-11 04:22 AM
132 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD