10-15-11 01:59 PM
132 ... 23456
tools
    mine connected via WiFi fine at work but does not connect at all when using home wifi :s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 03:44 PM
    Connected w/ phone on ATT 3G, BIS on home wifi, BUT...had slow connections last night, particularly on Facebook. Plus, my data usage w/ ATT seems high for this early in my billing period. Am in Detroit metro area.
    06-08-11 04:34 PM
    I lost service last night here in the UK. Some of my contacts on T-Mob and Virgin saw similar interruptions at about the same times late in the evening. I ran a device diagnostic and it looked like the Blackberry Infrastructure was unavailable from my carrier (Orange UK) via radio and UMA. I could see the BIS box on the diagnostic but my device was getting abort messages when i tried to re-register. I'm guessing there's a BIS infrastructure change in progress and by location its possibly the EU Data centre. Today was also World IPv6 day(from midnight), maybe RIM are dual stacking or testing their infrastructure for IPv6
    06-08-11 05:23 PM
    Today was also World IPv6 day(from midnight), maybe RIM are dual stacking or testing their infrastructure for IPv6
    I thought this, but I've been told otherwise.

Also I think it began a little earlier than IPv6...
    06-08-11 05:25 PM
    UK, Orange network. Having problems since Monday afternoon, getting worse after 6pm.

Currently no BBM Facebook, BeWeather, Texts all very, very slow.

Battery also draining quicker.
    06-08-11 05:28 PM
    UK, Orange network. Having problems since Monday afternoon, getting worse after 6pm.

No connection for me now either, was working fine earlier. The battery has nothing to do with the BIS it is the OS
    06-08-11 05:53 PM
    I am from Trinidad and for most of yesterday we have been having probs with the BIS...EDGE was down for the entire evening. I thought it was a network problem since it only happened on one network
    06-08-11 07:20 PM
    My service is now back up and running, WiFi logo white and BBM/WhatsApp working. Hope it's OK for everyone else

06-08-11 07:41 PM
    im in Bahrain (Batelco), phone does not connect to BIS. not through network, or wifi.
    phone lost the service 15 mins ago!

EDIT:
    Disabled 3g on the phone, and i seem to be connected again, but i dont have the BIS(rim logo) does it show when connected to 2g or is that only when on a 3g network?

update.
    BIS back to normal downtime was 30 mins or so, but still cannot connect to BIS through wifi.
    Last edited by madoon; 06-08-11 at 10:30 PM.
    06-08-11 10:07 PM
    My service is now back up and running, WiFi logo white and BBM/WhatsApp working. Hope it's OK for everyone else

I saw uptime between 12:20am and around 1:30am - dead again now though.

BIS over WiFi problems in UK/Europe have been resolved

How's things on your end?
    06-08-11 10:32 PM
    Yes I spoke to soon, it went off again just before I went to sleep. It is, however, working fine this morning

06-08-11 11:18 PM
    mine connected via WiFi fine at work but does not connect at all when using home wifi :s

I'm in a similar situation. I had created thread on the wifi forum but was pointed to this thread. But, I have been having this issue for about a week now so I don't if it's related to the recent outage. Wifi at home works maybe 30% of the time though my laptop works just fine so I figured the problem is not with my modem. And my few times that I tried at work seems to work just fine.

06-08-11 11:21 PM
    I've having problems too, using Virgin

When i connect via Wifi, i get ip address, and can use the internet without any problems, but the mail service doesn't find the BB infrastructure (from Manage Connections --> WiFi options --> wifi tool --> wifi diagnostics.

The problem doesn't seem as bad when not using Wifi, but mobile coverage isn't good enough to be able to avoid it!
    06-09-11 02:39 AM
    I have no Wifi connected here at home normally it is okay. Also last night having issues with FBook. BBM however seems to be okay.
    06-09-11 03:07 AM
    Am having problems on o2 UK here in West London this morning. messages not sending/being received. Been happening intermittently the past few days.
    06-09-11 04:37 AM
    It does seem to be fairly wide spread, I know people on Orange UK & Vodafone all having problems. I've heard nothing for BB.....
    06-09-11 04:54 AM
    Orange just rang me updating me on the status. Its a huge network fault and they are working on it. BIS should work fine without WiFi being enabled.

06-09-11 04:57 AM
    Only if you've got good mobile coverage! Virgin (T-mobile) can be patchy
    06-09-11 05:03 AM
    i should add that i'm not connected to WiFi on o2 uk, just 3G and EDGE and still problems...
    06-09-11 05:11 AM

glad its not just me! mines been shocking for a few days, fb's fine through mobile version rather than app, but pain in the bum to have to access it that way!
    odd that Weatherbugs fine but BeWeathers not!
    hope it fixs for the weekend as have a wedding and a bit of a berry Vs android Vs iphone sesh!
    06-09-11 06:15 AM
    Orange just rang me updating me on the status. Its a huge network fault and they are working on it. BIS should work fine without WiFi being enabled.

Real PITA for me as I have to use UMA to get a decent signal at home. More often than not I'm out of coverage and the minute I do connect to Wi-Fi everything stops working until I re-boot the phone

Wish they'd hurry up and get this rectified. It's been going on for over two days now for me
    06-09-11 10:08 AM
    Blackberry have finally admitted it.

UK_Blackberry Twitter
    06-09-11 10:54 AM
    After experiencing a few days of intermittent reception with BIS, things had settled down the last 24 hours, everything seemed to be working fine. But since 3.30pm UK time, once again I can't seem to access BIS. No apps or internet works...

I use 3G to connect, and am on O2. I only recently became a Blackberry owner, swapping over from Android last week. I'm kinda regretting that decision, as this is now the 4 day with connection problems. I thought BIS was stable, seemingly not.
    06-09-11 11:04 AM
    for me the problems even worse ill get fine service at random hours like 4am for a few hours where i can bbm, rest of the day is terrible. however i also cant connect to my router the wifi sign stays greyed out only worked for an hour at 3am. quite frankly im pissed off with tmobile and blackberry im not alone when i say many people are getting a htc or iphone when they're contract ends
    06-09-11 01:29 PM
    FWIW Orange tweeted this earlier today...

"On Thursday 9th June 2011, @OrangeHelpers said:

For Blackberry users having issues when connected via UMA/Wifi, please disable wifi, reboot and reset the HRT (for OS5 Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, press Blackberry/menu key and select Register Now and for OS6 Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Host Routing Table, press blackberry/menu key and select Register Now)."
    06-09-11 01:31 PM
132 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD