10-15-11 12:59 PM
132 12345 ...
tools
    BES 3G only on SFR
    BIS 3G only on SFR
    email delayed between 0h and 2h this morning
    06-08-11 06:18 AM
    Even though OrangeHelpers on twitter said the issue should be fixed, BIS on WiFi still does not work.
    06-08-11 06:23 AM
    Spoke too soon it appears

Currently having FB issues and BBM issues.

Virgin Mobile UK
    Blackberry 8520
    Last edited by Villordsutch; 06-08-11 at 06:57 AM.
    06-08-11 06:44 AM
    Same issues here in Saudi Arabia... started 4 days ago, having email and BBM issues. At first I thought it was just a carrier problem for the delay on sending/receiving email and BBm but then this morning I can't send a BBM.
    06-08-11 06:58 AM
    O2 in the UK on a 9780.

BIS fine over cellular, not working over Wi-Fi. First noticed it at 2200 (ish) on Monday evening (6th June). Still down now.
    06-08-11 07:15 AM
    Vodafone UK reacon it is fixed. However they also stated "that as it works over the Mobile Network it is not a problem".

Still cannot connect over WiFi does anyone have an official word from RIM yet?
    06-08-11 07:46 AM
    Vodafone UK reacon it is fixed. However they also stated "that as it works over the Mobile Network it is not a problem".

Still cannot connect over WiFi does anyone have an official word from RIM yet?
    It works over wifi now for me, it hasn't worked last 1-2 days and last night at all but come this morning everything is working fine for me on vodafone uk. Try a battert pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 07:51 AM
    Done that (just) also deleted and re-added my WiFi connection then a battery pull again still refusing to connect via WiFi.

What model phone have you got and can you confirm 100% that BIS is over WiFi?
    06-08-11 07:55 AM
    WiFi still not working on Orange UK.
    06-08-11 07:59 AM
    Done that (just) also deleted and re-added my WiFi connection then a battery pull again still refusing to connect via WiFi.

What model phone have you got and can you confirm 100% that BIS is over WiFi?
    I have the 9700 with OS6, I noticed OS6 is a lot faster to connect to wifi generaly.

06-08-11 07:59 AM
    WiFi still not working on Orange UK.
    My wife's on Orange Uk and she's having some problems too, seems to be interminent service.

06-08-11 08:00 AM
    Orange say the issue has been fixed, BIS works on 3G for me but not through WiFi yet.
    06-08-11 08:04 AM
    I have the 9700 with OS6, I noticed OS6 is a lot faster to connect to wifi generaly.

Could you go to your network settings, Wifi Diagnostics and look at BIS and see if it is connected or in error.

On the Torch the BIS logo will move to Mobile or Wifi so you can see which is connected. the 9700 does not do that.
    06-08-11 08:04 AM
    Last Night (around GMT+1) my BlackBerry was having issues on both GPRS and 3G. I couldn't use WhatsApp, SocialScope or the Browser. After I turned WiFi on I could use the Browser and SocialScope, although the WiFi Icon wouldn't turn Solid White.

So this might be caused by Vodafone NL during there Upgrade? Let's hope so... any ideas how to find out which BIS is running over there (trough phone BIS Config, haven't got Web account)?
    06-08-11 08:06 AM
    Well my BBM and Fbook seem to be a-okay
    06-08-11 08:30 AM
    Could you go to your network settings, Wifi Diagnostics and look at BIS and see if it is connected or in error.

On the Torch the BIS logo will move to Mobile or Wifi so you can see which is connected. the 9700 does not do that.
    Sorry, I'm not on wifi anymore, I left the house.

06-08-11 08:57 AM
    Only thing I can think of is that RIM are doing something, to cause every network to have problems. Be nice to be told though.
    That is exactly the point I've been making the whole time.

If BIS is going to go down, fine. But if it's planned, tell us when. And if it isn't, show us something on a service status page.

Even knowing that RIM are aware this is happening would help. So far they have given us NOTHING.
    06-08-11 09:36 AM
    I can confirm that this problem is Affecting Jamaica as well ,,.. On Digicel,. BBM no D/R for the past few days now,.. Messages Lag greatly, Broadcast don't reach anybody.

Really annoying
    06-08-11 10:06 AM
    Well rumour mill has begun to produce.

My sister-in-law down south has just Whatsapp'ed me saying "Her friend has told here BBM has been hacked and they are stealing contact information."

I told her that if the entire BB network was hacked you would hear it on the news...or via me via Crackberry.com

If we could just get a word from RIM this would make it alot easier.
    06-08-11 10:45 AM
    I am on Vodafone UK and have been without WiFi since yesterday morning. It is clear from these posts and posts on other fora, including Vodafone's own Blackberry Forum, that this is a RIM problem. Why cannot RIM put out a press release or post something on the official Blackberry website? We can all put up with some temporary inconvenience as long as we know "officially" what the problem is and when it is going to be resolved.
    06-08-11 10:50 AM
    Same problem in Argentina. My provider (Personal Argentina) is not working properly at all. Last three days I had my phone always on GSM, so i was not able to use any BB Service.
    06-08-11 11:03 AM

My sister-in-law down south has just Whatsapp'ed me saying "Her friend has told here BBM has been hacked and they are stealing contact information."

I told her that if the entire BB network was hacked you would hear it on the news...or via me via Crackberry.com

If we could just get a word from RIM this would make it alot easier.
    This is a hoax msg... I work for Orange UK and we had the following warning:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION* -***Blackberry message**
    Please be advised some Blackberry customers appear to have been sent a message as detailed below:-

'BBM is shutting down at 12.00 o'clock tonight if you dont broadcast this you'll loose your contact. Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger, We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or Blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.'

It has been confirmed*this is a hoax message and no action needs to be taken by the customer. Please see the below link for more information. Please advise the customer accordingly.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB21 856

Regards

06-08-11 11:32 AM

I've already brought up the point of hoax messages here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bbm-...ending-621748/

Yet another reason a official press release from RIM would be well received.
    06-08-11 11:38 AM
    Agree completely on the official confirmation and thank you for the spam confirmation. As said to sister if BB was hacked we would see it plastered all over the news etc.

Give us a word or two RIM.
    06-08-11 12:19 PM
    Ok, I understand how the phone would lose connectivity on BIS - as mine now has for 2 days. But can someone explain why my US bought Playbook is now unable to connect to Wifi? What have I missed?
    06-08-11 02:24 PM
132 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD