I'm trying to subscribe to the excellent BBC A History Of The World in 100 objects podcast

A History of the World in 100 Objects

There are 74ish episodes to date, when I subscribe via BB Podcasts it only goes back to episode 51, but it I use Google Reader it does back to episode 1.

I'd like them all on my BB.

Any help appreciated.
    09-14-10 04:27 AM
    Check your settings and see how many podcast your set to keep. I think mine is set to keep the last 5. Upping that amount may allow you to get more of them.
    09-14-10 12:00 PM
    Check your settings and see how many podcast your set to keep. I think mine is set to keep the last 5. Upping that amount may allow you to get more of them.
    It's set to keep "ALL" ......
    09-14-10 01:25 PM
    The problem may be that it is only 'showing' from 51 onwards - it isn't showing the first 50 so it won't download them.

Goggle Reader shows all 74.....

Is there a limit to the number of episodes BB Podcast will show?
    09-14-10 01:27 PM
    Decided to try something different - deleted my subscription and re-subscribed, it told me there were only 20 episodes available and downloaded the last 20 episodes... Is that a limit on BB Podcast?

I've tried the trial version of PodTrapper on the same URL and it downloads all 74 episodes.

Something strange going on.

Any help appreciated.
    09-15-10 05:29 AM
    Could someone try this for me and let me know if they get more than 20 episodes?

Thanks.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 05:01 PM
    Of course that is the problem. You defined that problem in your opening post. I am having the same problem - only last 20 episodes!. And I haven't yet found anyone, RIM in particular, to confirm that this is by design. It seems like it is; Which is ridiculous. Why would you limit the feed to a number of displayed items? I want to be able to download every available episode! I should be limited only by my hardhardware. RIM WTF?!

Decided to try something different - deleted my subscription and re-subscribed, it told me there were only 20 episodes available and downloaded the last 20 episodes... Is that a limit on BB Podcast?

I've tried the trial version of PodTrapper on the same URL and it downloads all 74 episodes.

Something strange going on.

Any help appreciated.
    02-10-11 11:05 AM
    im having the same issue as the op.
    02-20-11 06:18 PM
    I'm having a strange problem with podcosts as well. First off, yesterday I was able to subscribe to a couple of podcasts now I am not even able to view those subscriptions only view the two files that were downloaded yesterday. I also can't even subscribe to new podcasts. PodTrapper works fine though. :'(

Edit: NVM, turns out I'm not in a "supported" country..... :@
    Last edited by sc0ob5; 02-22-11 at 07:37 PM.
    02-22-11 07:17 PM
    I fought with BlackBerry Podcast from its release until about a month ago when I decided to give PodTrapper a try. I registered the next day. It is that good. One of the problems that I had with Podcast was that it couldn't find episodes of a specific podcast that I like, called eTown. I had it configured for months and it couldn't find an episode. I forgot that I had it configured until one day out of the blue, it downloaded a new episode. I figured the problem must have been eTown and they must have fixed something on their end and that it would work from then on. But no, new episodes became available yet BB Podcasts wouldn't see them. I've had no issue with PodTrapper. It just works.
    02-22-11 07:31 PM
    I'm using BB Podcasts 1.6 and I occasionally get the same problem. Opening the problem channel and then pressing Refresh (Blackberry Menu) solved it for me.
    07-21-12 03:47 AM
    How do i hit "refresh"...don't see it in my menu.

ALSO: I subscribed to a number of podcasts, and all BB sent were very dated episodes. What gives?

AND: Can't I just download podcasts directly to my BB w/o going through the BB software. I have a media card. I was able to download music from my Mac. But not podcasts. Help, please.

BB CUrve 9330. Verizon.

Thanks.
    08-03-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD