Hello....hope somebody can help.
    Phone was purchased brand new 2 months ago and I have only 2 bbm contacts. However since Sunday evening I have been inundated wit arabic messenger requests. I googled the problem and followed the advice to go to
    options >security>firewall> then enabling to block PIN. with the exeption of contacts.
    But it hasnt worked...any ideas or help gretly appreciated.
    03-01-11 11:17 AM
    I usually just delete the invite request and also check the box that says "ignore future invites".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 11:29 AM
    Thanks.....i have deleted just over 120 requests since Sunday evening. Hadnt noticed the ignore button though.
    03-01-11 11:33 AM
    Possibly a recycled PIN or one of your friends has posted your PIN somewhere, have you tried Googling your PIN ?
    03-01-11 12:38 PM
    I have tried googling yes...nothing.
    Only got my daughters on messenger . hopefully they wouldnt do that lol. Unless somebodies pin is 1 digit different to mine maybe.
    Puzzled why i cant get firewall to block them though?
    03-01-11 03:34 PM
    I have tried googling yes...nothing.
    Only got my daughters on messenger . hopefully they wouldnt do that lol. Unless somebodies pin is 1 digit different to mine maybe.
    Puzzled why i cant get firewall to block them though?
    There is a slight chance. My sister's pin just differs from mine by 3 numbers on its last character. The other 7 characters are the same.
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-01-11 at 04:19 PM.
    03-01-11 04:17 PM
    Could be an old PIN thats been re-issued - happens all the time - unless the phone was a refurbished unit.

Are these all different people ? Or the same person(s) constantly re-adding ?
    03-01-11 06:50 PM
    The Firewall blocks PIN messages. It doesn't have anything to do with BBM.
    03-01-11 07:52 PM
    To Dm...all different as far as I can tell...the writing is Arabic with lots of hearts, smilies etc amongst it.
    The requests do seem to have quietened down slowly.
    03-03-11 01:30 AM
    I'm having the exact same requests! It just started today. All the writing is in Arabic and there are bunch of symbols in the name.

I'm using the Ignore button, but I don't see an option to "Ignore future invites".
    03-08-11 10:04 AM
    I too have had the same thing, one question I have was did anyone set up forsquare or any other apps and not untick all the boxes as the foursquare set up releases your pin publically...was having 100 - 200 invites a day all in arabic too, I chatted with one guy who said there are whole bunches of lists published that they use to contact random people.....!
    09-17-13 06:13 PM
    yes, ignore future invites would be great if there were some sort of filtering system, only accept invites from your contacts list would be cool!
    09-17-13 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD