Hey I am trying to download the new BBM and it wont work. It i am going to the app section in desktop manager and clicking on the file (BlackBerryMessenger.alx) but it wont work.

It keeps saying "this application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded"

what am i doing wrong and can someone please help me!!!.
    07-18-09 07:27 PM
    This is the only way it worked for me:

Ok, this worked for me.

If you are getting the "not compatible with your device" error, do this:

1) Make sure you have the 4.7.1.40 OS loaded on your computer.
    2) Download and extract the BBM 4.7.1 files from the link.
    3) Go to C:Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9630-v4.7.1.40_P4.1.0.40 and paste the .alx file into it.
    4) Open the Java folder, paste the .cod files from the BBM 4.7.1 download into the folder (27 files). Approve overwriting the older files that are already there.
    5) Back out to the Apploader folder. Double-click on the loader(.exe) file to launch the loader program.
    07-18-09 07:33 PM
    I would probably wait if I were you, its supposedly a resource and battery hog.
    07-18-09 07:52 PM
    Orrrr, just use StormOTA - i used it and it worked great. Just make sure to click the Tour BBM link. Install in 2 minutes.
    07-18-09 08:02 PM
    Orrrr, just use StormOTA - i used it and it worked great. Just make sure to click the Tour BBM link. Install in 2 minutes.
    Thanks for the OTA link. How is BBM 5.0 on battery life, etc.?

07-18-09 08:56 PM
    Was booting up at 132 MB with old BBM and now with new BBM booting with 127. I wouldn't consider that a resource and battery hog. Also, due to the upgrade I have used BBM more than ever today vecause of the barcode, snapping barcodes all day. After dozens of emails, texts, phone calls and about an hour of webrowsing on FB with wifi and bluetooth on my battery is at 70%. Just my two cents
    07-18-09 09:03 PM
    Hey I am trying to download the new BBM and it wont work. It i am going to the app section in desktop manager and clicking on the file (BlackBerryMessenger.alx) but it wont work.

It keeps saying "this application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded"

what am i doing wrong and can someone please help me!!!.
    I had the same problem. Try the OTA links at...

h(remove)t(remove)t(remove)p://www.theblackberryzone.com

delete (remove)... I don't have enough posts to post a url...
    07-18-09 09:40 PM
    I used the ota link at stormota.com. Installed in a few minutes, no hassle.

So far so good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 09:45 PM
    I used the ota link at stormota.com downloaded in minutes. then asked for a reboot. I did that and it never booted bk up. it's just spinning the tiny clock icon, tick tock for 10 mins now. wtf? anyone?
    07-18-09 10:12 PM
    I used the ota link at stormota.com downloaded in minutes. then asked for a reboot. I did that and it never booted bk up. it's just spinning the tiny clock icon, tick tock for 10 mins now. wtf? anyone?
    Keep waiting. Some reported 12 minute boot up time in some cases.
    07-18-09 10:15 PM
    Keep waiting. Some reported 12 minute boot up time in some cases.
    good call. the extra 2 mins did it scared me for a sec b/c I didn't do a backup. however, it did eventually load. and all of my old contacts are still there. none of which have an avatar, so I guess nobody else updated.

5.0.8 is what I have now.
    thanks to everyone who posted the info and help info.
    07-18-09 10:22 PM
    Mine froze once but second attempt came through, have to have the right OS
    10-12-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD