Okay so I just got a new Blackberry Curve 8520 smartphone from Fido in Canada and I recently started adding people from all walks of life on my bbm contact list and I am have burning question that needs an answer. I have a data plan that includes unlimited texting and unlimited social networking (facebook and twitter) so am I okay to msg ppl all around the globe without it costing me a fortune?? Thanks!

David.T.
    09-12-10 11:02 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

I'd say that if BBM is working then your plan covers it.
    Only way to be completely sure is calling your carrier.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-12-10 at 12:40 PM.
    09-12-10 11:07 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

I'd say that if BBM is working than your plan covers it.
    Yeah, you need to check with your carrier about this. Unlike SMS, BBM is 100% data usage.
    09-12-10 11:38 AM
    Bbm is data based...so pending how much data you have in your plan it is covered.....i see you have unlimited social network.....if anything like bell mobility you're good to go
    09-12-10 11:41 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

I'd say that if BBM is working then your plan covers it.
    Yeah I could always call my carrier to find out for sure. I think I have the receipt of the transaction somewhere...I'll see if I can find that. Thanks for quick reply!
    09-12-10 02:37 PM
    Yeah, you need to check with your carrier about this. Unlike SMS, BBM is 100% data usage.
    Yeah I know I have a data plan, just not sure on the specifics of it. I'll double check my receipt and see what it says on there.
    09-12-10 02:41 PM
    Bbm is data based...so pending how much data you have in your plan it is covered.....i see you have unlimited social network.....if anything like bell mobility you're good to go
    Yeah it makes sense that if I have unlimited social networking then bbm should be free internationally cuz of my data plan but I have my fone on wi-fi for the time being until I resolve this issue. Thanks!
    09-12-10 02:43 PM
    Wow this whole time I thought it was free for all BB users, oh well I have unlimited anyway.
    09-12-10 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD