So it seems that after updating my Tour and Bold to the newest firmware, my BBM no longer opens and gives me some "umcaught java exception error " . It seems that BBM 5.0.1.41 does NOT work with the new firmware... Anyone know of a fix for this? My computer is down so I have no access to DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 10:02 PM
    Go to BlackBerry Messenger and redownload it (or through the app store).
    11-22-10 10:18 PM
    Are you talking about the 983 os? I had the same problem, nothing fixed it so I went back to .699
    I wiped the phone more than 5 times trying to get it to work. No such luck.

11-23-10 12:20 AM
    So it seems that after updating my Tour and Bold to the newest firmware, my BBM no longer opens and gives me some "umcaught java exception error " . It seems that BBM 5.0.1.41 does NOT work with the new firmware... Anyone know of a fix for this? My computer is down so I have no access to DM.

I"m running sprint's latest official OS 5.0.0.983 on my VZ 9650 and bbm works. I would suggest to install the app once again. From your bberry go to: www.blackberry.com/messenger. I hope you have your contacts backed up either on the memory card or via email so that all you'll have to do is restore your contact list.
    11-23-10 09:17 AM
    Well , some how I fixed it , but unfortunately , I really don't know what I did. It has something to do with the address book .. I had deleted BBM , then noticed duplicate listings in my address book.. Deleted the dupes, and re installed and it worked .. I wish I knew exactly the problem and the fix to pass on , cause this bugs me a little lol

11-24-10 05:26 PM
    My bbm is dead as well but for different reasons. All my friends are on android .

11-24-10 08:22 PM
    My bbm is dead as well but for different reasons. All my friends are on android .

Time for new friends! JK...They'll be back when they get sick of charging every 5 hours!
    11-26-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD