In the new playbook os2 there are 2 native app are missing after I install it yesterday

1- blackberry Podcast application

2- blackberry video store

Any help
    02-22-12 01:07 PM
    Well.... Where in the world are you?

Both apps are US region bound. Even fooling the PB on being in the US when you are not won't help them get installed. I mean, in the region settings on the PB.

I know of a way of installing the podcast app. You need to use a Canadian or American proxy in your internet connection settings. Same way you can get Veveo. After you download/install those apps you can remove the proxy and they will work normally.
    Another app it works for is Blackberry News. A very nice feed reader.

Don't know if the same method works for the video store, but might do.
    Last edited by Gortoth666; 02-22-12 at 01:26 PM.
    rcotechnology likes this.
    02-22-12 01:21 PM
    Well.... Where in the world are you?

Both apps are US region bound. Even fooling the PB on being in the US when you are not won't help them get installed. I mean, in the region settings on the PB.

I know of a way of installing the podcast app. You need to use a Canadian or American proxy in your internet connection settings. Same way you can get Veveo. After you download/install those apps you can remove the proxy and they will work normally.
    Another app it works for is Blackberry News. A very nice feed reader.

Don't know if the same method works for the video store, but might do.

aha i am not in us

i will try your way

but qusestion do i have to download these application from the app store i mean are they gonna show in there after i usethe proxy ???

thanks alot
    Last edited by rcotechnology; 02-25-12 at 07:10 AM.
    02-25-12 07:08 AM
    Depends.... I just tried it again myself, because my podcast app didn't upgrade to the latest version installing the new OS (duh). Gives me a 6 MB download which will most likely update the PB. (filled in a Canadian proxy because I don't have any use for the video store because I don't own a CC).

But go ahead and search for the app in the appstore if you never installed it via this method (that's what I did when I first wanted to install them). Should pop up then and install for you. Keep in mind, if the proxy is too slow, you might not be able to download the app. Remove the proxy and find the app in the uninstalled list and presto, install it again

Blackberry news would seem to get installed for all the world nowadays, looking at some forum posts.
    Last edited by Gortoth666; 02-25-12 at 10:47 AM.
    02-25-12 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD