Do you think the PlayBook will have BBM?

I understand it probably wont have its own pin but maybe you can connect your BB Pin to your PlayBook and send BBM's from your PlayBook through your BlackBerry Phone?

What do you think?
    09-29-10 12:35 AM
    It appears as though it has BBM. I would imagine it would use your tethered device PIN.
    09-29-10 12:40 AM
    Thats what I was thinking. A BlackBerry device without BBM would be nuts
    09-29-10 12:46 AM
    Look at the video.

It does have BBM, and doesn't have BBM. Basically, the PlayBook will act as a bigger screen for your phone's BBM. It does this via Bluetooth.

Same applies to all BlackBerry services including Email and PIN messages.
    09-29-10 12:54 AM
    Look at the video.

It does have BBM, and doesn't have BBM. Basically, the PlayBook will act as a bigger screen for your phone's BBM. It does this via Bluetooth.

Same applies to all BlackBerry services including Email and PIN messages.
    SO basically you need to have a BlackBerry to use BBM? It wont have its own PIN?
    09-29-10 12:57 AM
    SO basically you need to have a BlackBerry to use BBM? It wont have its own PIN?
    Exactly.

Chances are though, a version of PingChat will be released for the PlayBook.
    09-29-10 01:04 AM
    I hate PingChat with a passion. They really need to fix it up before I start using it.
    09-29-10 01:07 AM
    Ive never heard of pingchat, what is that?
    09-29-10 09:44 AM
    I will be getting the first version and fine with that. No matter what I will have a BBRY as a device and can't wait to hook it up via bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 07:48 PM
    Ive never heard of pingchat, what is that?
    Its like BBM but for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android.. but ****tier
    09-29-10 11:34 PM
    yeah pingchat hasnt done it for me yet either.

I would have to believe it will have a PIN and BBM and be used as a stand alone unit or atleast this option. Especially when the 3G/4G versions come out since not everyone will have a BB and there would be NO REASON to make them have both if you get it from a carrier and have to have a data plan. It would be foolish.

Truth is no one knows yet, these details and the pricing and full specs still have to be released
    09-29-10 11:41 PM
    It can be used on all three phone platforms?
    09-30-10 12:49 AM
    Whats the use for a PlayBoy with a PlayBook with a BBM , huh !!..

09-30-10 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD