what is the difference?
    07-18-09 02:47 PM
    There the same thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 02:51 PM
    No, they are not the same. PIN msgs go into your email box using RIM's servers. It is pretty much only useful if you're on BES and corporate email goes down. An email alternative with security. You can compose a new PIN message by composing a new message and selecting PIN as the type of message. Enter the pin # of the Blackberry user you're sending to and send. The message will show as the color red in their inbox. (It does on mine). Personally, I do not see any need for PIN messages.

07-18-09 02:59 PM
    Do you know how to retrieve a PIN message on the BB Storm 9530?
    07-18-09 03:14 PM
    thanks so much for explaining what that was, I wondered about that for so long haha.
    07-18-09 03:14 PM
    You can only send and receive pin messages. I don't quite know how to retrieve one. Just compose a new pin message, enter the pin, and send.

07-18-09 03:20 PM
    Consider yahoo or msn (windows live). You have an email address, and an I.m. Client from the same info.

Your pin is a sort of RIM supplied device address. Works for chat and message clients just like yahoo.

07-18-09 03:33 PM
    Btw pin messages go to your message inbox. The cumulative one. It should say "messages". If you have it hidden you'll have to unhide it to view the messages.

07-18-09 03:35 PM
    You said pin messages go threw the RIM server does that mean they can read wat are in these type of messages?
    07-21-09 05:37 AM
    pin messages are plain text by default but you can elect to sign and/or encrypt them.

07-21-09 11:39 AM
    hi! i am going overseas in a few days and im trying to find ways to save money. would there be a difference in kb size for bbm and pin messaging? i have been hearing that pin messaging might be cheaper due to the kb size versus bbm. i am not sure though if that it true. would appreciate any feedback you may have.

thanks!
    01-13-11 06:26 PM
    what is the difference?

BBM is a threaded message, IM style chat, think Gtalk, MSN, Yahoo chat, but only with BB users.

Pin Msging is more on an email style messaging between 2 blackberry's. Will show you from, to, date, time, subject just like when you receive an email.
    01-14-11 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD