I am running OS 4.5, and ever since the BIS upgrade, I have this new email icon displayed even though I have read all of my email. It goes away if i do a reset, but comes back after a while. Any one else having this issue?
    07-01-08 11:19 PM
    I'm having the same issue.
    07-01-08 11:26 PM
    I did too. A battery pull fixed it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 11:29 PM
    Did the battery pull twice, which cleared it ... for a while. Then it just keeps coming back. Really starting to drive me up the wall, and it's not even paying for the gas!
    07-01-08 11:50 PM
    You could try to delete the Email account from the BB and then rebuild it again.
    07-02-08 12:03 AM
    I used to have the same problem until I realized that the BB has a built in folder labeled messages even if you are using yahoo, gmail, or hotmail and are viewing your email in the folders created when you set up your email, they still appear new in this folder. What you need to do is hide the folder that is labeled messages if you don't know how to do this PIN me and ill explain otherwise this will solve your issues because a hard or soft reset will only delay the icons return.
    07-02-08 12:20 AM
    I have the same problem...3 emails which remain as "phantom" when I read/delete my messages. I have a Pearl Flip 8320 with the latest OS 4.6.1.309 on Verizon Wireless. I did a battery pull but the "phantoms" remain.
    07-05-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD