View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • eWallet

14 13.46%
  • Ascendo/DataVault

36 34.62%
  • KeePass

18 17.31%
  • SafeWallet

3 2.88%
  • Other

16 15.38%
  • None

17 16.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
07-19-11 09:32 PM
61 123
tools
    Ascendo DataVault...cleaner interface, both on the handset and desktop. Works extremely well with the desktop manager to sync. Never had any problems. When I moved to a new device, Ascendo support was very quick to respond and ensure that I had what I needed to continue on my new device. I've used it on a Pearl, 8800, 8310, and now a Storm. Excellent product...excellent support!
    07-09-09 09:10 AM
    I've tried most, and settled on Ascendo DataVault. It's not perfect, but the best of the bunch. The BB client is great. The desktop client could use a bit more polishing, but it's very functional. Syncing is quick, though an ota sync solution would be nicer.

It would be nice if these apps could take advantage of some of these file sharing services (e.g. SugarSync, LiveMesh, etc) so that I would not need to manually sync.
    07-09-09 10:29 AM
    Ascendo DataVault is what I have settled on after trying them all.
    07-09-09 10:57 AM
    Back in my Win Mobile days I used eWallet. But I use Password Keeper now. More simple and friendly.
    07-09-09 11:25 AM
    Please vote for the one you use or like the best. Thanks
    I love E-wallet. Used it on windows mobile 5 and now on my BB Curve. I have so many records stored on y desktop that I created an abbreviated wallet with "must have" info only to save on memory. Tried several others before E-wallet was configured for BB--by far the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 12:13 PM
    One thing you should consider is the availability of ports on other smartphone platforms. I mean, we all love BBs now...

Just a thought. One reason I switched to BB was they had a lot of the third party apps I loved on Palm (SplashID being one of them).
    07-09-09 12:19 PM
    I use Ascendo Datavault as my BB password and information keeper on my BB. It installed easily and works seemlessly. It has a desktop companion and handheld module that sync with each other. Information can be entered in either the desktop or the handheld modules.

The encyrption level, security and ease of use made DataVault the easy answer for me after evaluating e-wallet and other solutions. I previously used e-Wallet on a windows mobile device and Ascendo DataVault is much superior and built natively for the BB. I was able to export my e-wallet data file. Acsendo DataVault imported my e-wallet data making my transistion from e-wallet to DataVault very manageable.
    07-09-09 12:37 PM
    I use Ascendo Datavault as my BB password and information keeper on my BB. It installed easily and works seemlessly. It has a desktop companion and handheld module that sync with each other. Information can be entered in either the desktop or the handheld modules.
    Do you have to purchase two separate applications - one for the BB and another for the desktop, the companion? Or does it come with both modules for the one price (I see about $30.00)

Thanks in advance.
    07-09-09 03:46 PM
    F2: It's one application for the $29, that gets you the desktop and handle modules.
    07-09-09 04:27 PM
    Just saw that Safewallet is on sale:

http://software.crackberry.com/produ...p-companion%29

Any reasons why it only has two votes in this poll?
    07-10-09 12:38 PM
    I tried numerous password keepers.. my favorite:

Ascendo DataVault !!

Their support was amazing when I had a few questions, and they have always gotten back to me in a VERY timely manner. Definitely worth the price!
    07-13-09 06:12 AM
    I am currently a KeePass user, but i am having major problems with sync speeds. it sometimes takes up to 40 minutes for the sync to happen. I would look to switch but i have a lot of passwords and info stored in my database file.
    07-13-09 09:50 AM
    been using DataVault for two years and I couldn't be happier... in fact, I'm not sure how I'd live without it at this point! Definitely the most important app on my BB... and my computer.
    07-16-09 04:45 PM
    I have been using roboform for years now on my pc. They recently came out with a BB version. It kinda sucks thought but is functional. Sync'n is just a pain.

However they now have roboform online which allows you to auto sync all the pc's you have roboform installed on. It also has a mobile version of the web page for easy access from any smartphone. I now use this in case my bb version out of sync as well.
    07-16-09 11:28 PM
    DataVault

The developers are extremely responsive to questions and bug reports. As a developer myself, I'm impressed.
    07-20-09 04:02 PM
    I am currently a KeePass user, but i am having major problems with sync speeds. it sometimes takes up to 40 minutes for the sync to happen. I would look to switch but i have a lot of passwords and info stored in my database file.
    i had a bad version of both the desktop and bb apps. with the new downloads i am having no probs and love this app. best of all its free and updates are constantly being made. the support for the apps is also really great.
    07-20-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'm going to give DataVault a try.
    08-13-09 05:06 AM
    As an attorney, it is critical to keep my passwords and other confidential information secure and easily accessible. After researching various options, I purchased DataVault more than 8 months ago, and have been totally pleased. It is a stable program, with strong encryption, and it easily synchs with my Blackberry Bold. It is also easy to use and to edit. I particularly appreciate the search function for both my PC and my Blackberry. Frankly, Ascendo DataVault is indispensable to my life, as it helps keeps me organized. Just as importantly, the support provided by the developer is superb. Inquiries are responded to very quickly by Email. Incredibly, I have had to replace a defective Blackberry a few times, and Ascendo worked closely with me to quickly generate new Pins. I strongly recommend this product and the company.
    08-14-09 02:45 PM
    Downloaded the trial version of DataVault today. I've loaded it all up with passwords/PINs/registrations, so I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks before making the $29 plunge.
    08-14-09 04:07 PM
    08-14-09 04:16 PM
    I keep all my passwords in my head
    lipstick_pusher likes this.
    08-14-09 04:16 PM
    I used SplashID for years with Palm. I just bought a Tour and am trialing both SpalshID and Ascendo DataVault. They seem about the same but it is only $10 for crossgrade with SplashID.
    08-23-09 11:39 AM
    Keypass is an incredible application. I keep the master DB on a shared drive so all developers can access it, and it syncs seamlessly with my BB. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 01:18 PM
    I can't vote again (according to the poll) but if I could I would take my vote away from SplashID and give it to DataVault. Ascendo's customer support has been top-notch and as a Storm owner, I've been nothing short of impressed with the direction of their product. And Money ain't no joke, either!
    09-28-09 01:49 PM
    I used SplashID for years with Palm. I just bought a Tour and am trialing both SpalshID and Ascendo DataVault. They seem about the same but it is only $10 for crossgrade with SplashID.
    It turns out that DataVault has a competitive crossgrade for $10 but I would have chosen DataVault even without that. Rock solid program and excellent support!
    09-28-09 02:17 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD