Hello, I've recently upgraded from my pearl to the S2 and needed to get into my password keeper except it's telling me "A password entry was created on 10/09/2009 is protected by an old password. Please enter the old password to convert the entry".... here's the thing, I JUST got this phone 11/10!

Can anyone help please? Thanks soo much
    11-12-09 10:12 AM
    By chance did you use the Device Switch wizard in DM? Thinking it brought over your previous settings for password keeper. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 10:28 AM
    I did but I've tried to type in the p/w that I used for my old device... I tried to type the numbers that correspond to the letters and still nothing!
    This is just soo annoying since I have info that I need to get access to and can't now
    11-12-09 10:34 AM
    Sounds to me that your not entering your old password in correctly. If its has numbers in it you will need to switch to the number pad to key those in, not key in the corresponding letter. You do this by pressing and holding the "123" key on the bottom left. This will bring up the numbers and lock it. To get back to letters then click it again.

Last edited by Craterz; 11-12-09 at 11:30 AM.
    11-12-09 11:26 AM
    Should I have done the backup and restore to this new phone instead? It's still telling me I don't have the correct p/w.

grrr, I'm so mad at myself for not being able to figure this out!
    11-12-09 12:05 PM
    It has to be typed exactly, including caps and numbers. Or else it won't let ya in.

Actually, I've found the device switch wizard to be more trouble than its worth. If one was replacing the a unit for the same model then it may work perfectly. I used it to switch from the Storm 1 to the S2. Ended up wiping my S2 and restoring everything pertinent from a recent backup.

11-12-09 12:51 PM
    to :Craterz
    Thanks for the help! You know what I did, the pearl doesn't have the "traditional" keypad like a telephone and that's what I was going on.. LOL
    so I figured it out and got in and changed my p/w.

THANKS again!!!
    11-16-09 12:26 PM
    to :Craterz
    Thanks for the help! You know what I did, the pearl doesn't have the "traditional" keypad like a telephone and that's what I was going on.. LOL
    so I figured it out and got in and changed my p/w.

THANKS again!!!
    You bet! Glad ya got it worked out . Enjoy your new Storm

11-16-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD