I have enjoyed my 8703e for over a year now with no problems however, the company recently decided that all employees would upgrade to the new 8830 world phone.

Is it possible to backup my 100+ log on id's and passwords from the 8703e to the 8830 without using the the "stuby thumb" method. I tried the desktop software but it wouldn't let be restore the Password Keeper.

I'm not a BB power user but I really do need these passwords.

any ideas?
    10-02-08 10:59 PM
    You can do this with Backup/Restore or Device Switch Wizard via Desktop Manager.
    10-02-08 11:01 PM
    HHmmm Desktop Manager let me backup the Password Keeper data from the 8703e but when I plugged in the 8830 and tried to restore the data the "right arrow" or restore option was dimmed out as in not available. There was also a message at the bottom of the box noting that some items could not be restored. Am I missing something?
    10-02-08 11:08 PM
    You need to go to password keeper - go to menu-options - wireless synchronization. Change it to No. Then it will write to the back up file will will show up as an option.
    10-05-08 05:16 AM
    Does anyone know how to take the data in your password keeper and transfer it to Excel or Word format? I have backed it up on my computer but can't access the data there.
    10-08-08 03:31 PM
    Does anyone know how to take the data in your password keeper and transfer it to Excel or Word format? I have backed it up on my computer but can't access the data there.
    There's no way to get it out. That's one reason I quit using it.
    10-08-08 04:41 PM
    Thanks for all of the help! I did get my passwords backed up and restored to my new device however, I have a question about he way it displays the password information.

In my old 8703e when I opened password keeper it gave me the information in what I will call display mode. If I needed to edit the infromation for a particular password I would have to deliberately select the edit option from the menu choices, make the change, and then save the change. you could not make changes to the information while in display mode.

However, with my new 8830 world phone when I opened password keeper it presents the information in the edit mode screen. The edit screen is a little more difficult to view that the old display mode that I am used to from my old 8703e. Granted if I do inadvertantly make an unwanted change to the information I do get the prompt to save or discard the changes befor I close password keeper but even at that it is a little awkard.

Any ideas how to get my old familiar display screen back?
    10-15-08 06:02 PM
    What if somebody sees your excel or word file,it wouldn't be secure anymore would it?
    08-23-11 07:45 AM
    Has the Password Keeper app added support for importing files yet? I have a backup of passwords on my SD card that I would like to add to PWK.

Thanks.
    11-14-11 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD