View Poll Results: Do you use Password Keeper that comes with your blackberry?

14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

4 28.57%
    As I was sitting at home retyping in all my passwords and other information back into password keeper after switching from the 9630-tour to the 9650-bold, ,I caught myself thinking this app is great but it could be so much better.

This is what I am thinking would make it even better:
    1)Have ability to back it up, so when you wipe phone or switch phones everything transfer's
    2)Have a desktop version so you can manage your passwords and such on your desktop/laptop
    3)Have ability to create folder so you can sort you passwords by type

That's it for me, feel free to add your own thoughts. I do like this app as it is simple compared to a lot of other that I have tried.
    06-28-10 07:10 AM
    I agree it could be better but it does get the job done for me.
    06-28-10 07:16 AM
    I now use Ascendo Data Vault Ascendo DataVault Password Manager - BlackBerry & Desktop Bundle - Business BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store. At $29.95 it ain't cheap but it has a PC component too and keeps a second copy of all your stuff on both your PC and your BlackBerry.

You can update on either device and when you Sync with Desktop Manager it updates both sides.
    06-28-10 07:23 AM
    I had no trouble moving Password Keeper's data from my 8830 to my Tour and last week to my replacement Bold/9650. You can move it manually or use the Device Switch Wizard.

But I, too, have gone to DataVault. I like having a copy on my desktop - I can easily move a purchase/registration number from a webpage to the "vault" so it is quick and easy.
    06-28-10 08:25 AM