Does Password Keeper have a backup feature? Does it send anything to an offsite location to be used as a backup.

Thanks.
    01-07-10 06:47 AM
    Password Keeper has no import or export capability, but its file is backed up when you perform a backup using Desktop Manager.
    01-07-10 06:54 AM
    Is there a way to get password keeper back on my BB?

I guess it wasn't included when I upgraded to a hybrid OS several months ago and I would now like to start using it.

Thanks in advance.
    01-07-10 10:01 AM
    I use my PK all of the time and really like it. After having my BB for a year now I finally decided to load the Desktop manager however it did not load properly. (This was 3 days ago and I have not had to access the PK until about an hour ago). I now get the message that the password is not correct. The password is very simple for me so I know that I did not forget it.

I am now up to 7 attempts.

I also removed the battery for about 30 seconds and cleared my cache this morning. Would trying to load the Desktop Manager or removing the battery and cache have anything to do with my BB forgetting my password?

Is it possible that the device defaulted to the manufactures password? And if so, what would that be? I set it up so long ago. Is it my last four of my phone number?

Any help is appreciated.
    02-06-10 09:43 PM
    Password Keeper has no import or export capability, but its file is backed up when you perform a backup using Desktop Manager.
    I was hoping that it would however I can not open the .ipd file. Any suggestions how to open it?

Thanks in advance.
    02-06-10 09:58 PM
    You can open an IPD file using this program: ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor. It has a free trial.

There is no default or manufacturers password. Installing DM, rebooting, and clearing the cache won't change it. One common, simple mistake is entering your password with shift or alt on. You think you are typing "wert" when you are actually typing "123(". Could that be your problem?

If you enter the password keeper password incorrectly 10 times, the security function will wipe the password file. The passwords will be irretrievable, but it does not wipe the device.
    02-07-10 06:29 AM
    You can open an IPD file using this program: //w.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html]xxx It has a free trial.

There is no default or manufacturers password. Installing DM, rebooting, and clearing the cache won't change it. One common, simple mistake is entering your password with shift or alt on. You think you are typing "wert" when you are actually typing "123(". Could that be your problem?

If you enter the password keeper password incorrectly 10 times, the security function will wipe the password file. The passwords will be irretrievable, but it does not wipe the device.
    Thank you for your help. I thought I may have had the shift or alt on however after the 5th attempt, the letters show as you type your password. I proof read several times. That is when I actually realized that it was not me I will try D/Ling ABC when I get home from work. I understand that it is a zip file and will have to figure out which program to unzip it. I usually use Winamp to unzip however I doubt that will work with a file like this?
    02-07-10 07:18 AM
    The download is a standard zip file. I'm not familiar with winamp, but any unzip program should work. Unfortunately, ABC may not help you. I don't use the password keeper, so my IPD files don't have passwords in them. But I searched the ABC user manual and didn't find "password," so ABC may not be able to recover anything for you. You have nothing to lose by trying.
    02-07-10 11:58 AM
    The download is a standard zip file. I'm not familiar with winamp, but any unzip program should work. Unfortunately, ABC may not help you. I don't use the password keeper, so my IPD files don't have passwords in them. But I searched the ABC user manual and didn't find "password," so ABC may not be able to recover anything for you. You have nothing to lose by trying.
    Thanks for taking the time to help . It is very much appreciated.
    02-07-10 05:08 PM
    Is there a way to get password keeper back on my BB?

I guess it wasn't included when I upgraded to a hybrid OS several months ago and I would now like to start using it.

Thanks in advance.
    you might look in blackberry help in the 101's for installing apps. If the os is on the pc desktop manager should reload it or if you backed up your apps before you deleted it.
    02-07-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD