I really like using the password keeper on my BB Curve. Is there a way to sync the password keeper with your computer like I do with my email, calendar and contacts? If something happens to the phone I've lost all my passwords. Gotta be a way to do it - just don't know how. Help.
    01-12-09 04:54 PM
    Best you can do is make regular backups. That way if something
    happens to the phone when you restore that database will be
    restored also.
    01-12-09 05:05 PM
    What he ^ said. As far as I know, there is no way to sync the pw keeper with the comp. Just do weekly backups and you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:51 PM
    you can use ascendo data vault. That is what I use. However it costs $29.95. To me its worth it because i use that along with the Ascendo Money. You can synchronize passwords with your desktop and and vise versa. Put in password information on your desktop and sync it to your blackberry
    01-12-09 08:12 PM
    Weekly backups? I backup my stuff daily (when I wake up).
    The extra couple minutes to do this each day gives me peace of mind & a dandy safety net.

01-12-09 08:33 PM
    Weekly backups? I backup my stuff daily (when I wake up).
    Same here. Everyday before leaving work.
    01-12-09 08:40 PM
    How do you do backups? I just usually sync to the computer?
    01-12-09 08:42 PM
    How do you do backups? I just usually sync to the computer?
    Open Desktop Manager > click Backup/Restore > click Backup

Syncing is a good thing to do, but it does not include all the
    databases and settings on the device.
    01-12-09 08:46 PM
    I use Iliumsoft's ewallet. It syncs with your desktop and they have a good history of good support.

01-12-09 08:57 PM
    But what if you get a new BB and want to transfer the passwords over? Do you have to still type everything in one by one?
    12-01-11 10:40 PM
    It is worth noting that the password keeper database is backed up by Blackberry Protect. If you set Protect to back up every day then your passwords will be stored every day. It also means that you don't need to plug it in to desktop manager to get them backed up.

@CatElVal you can transfer your database of passwords from your old device to your new device. You could do a device switch which will transfer everything across; you could back up your old device and transfer the backed-up data to your new device or you could selectively back up your password keeper database and install just this on your new device.
    Last edited by Gnome; 12-02-11 at 04:02 AM.
    12-02-11 03:55 AM
    I discovered the device switch feature while setting up the new phone, but I think the old one doesn't have it, and I believe both are supposed to. I'll keep looking though, thanks!
    Last edited by CatElVal; 12-02-11 at 09:16 AM.
    12-02-11 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD