Hey all,

I'm not sure if any of you guys have had this problem but ever since I've switched phones from the Blackberry Curve 8900 to 9700, I haven't been able to have my contacts see my BBM display picture changes...

When I got my 9700, I just restored my backup file that I saved from the 8900. I've tried just about everything:
    - I've added myself on BBM to see if I can see my own changes --> Nope
    - I tried deleting and readding contacts one by one --> Nope
    - I uninstalled BBM and reinstalled it using Desktop Manager --> Nope
    - I wiped out my phone and then downloaded/loaded BBM --> Nope

Any suggestions/help? Thanks!
    05-31-10 03:11 AM
    If you have over 100 BBM contacts, your friends are unable to see your updates. I hope this changes with when the new BBM comes out. Any new person I add, I delete 1 person so I won't go over 100 bbm contacts.
    05-31-10 11:25 PM
    I'm only at 60something BBM contacts...hmm.
    06-01-10 12:08 AM
    Bump?

So apparently now, after I've checked with a couple of my friends. They can all see my display name AND picture changes. However, I can't see OTHER people's display picture changes, only names.
    06-07-10 10:52 PM
    Having the same problem.. But my contacts aren't even close to 100 so I'm wondering what's up? Plssss help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 10:54 AM
    Well Fruit cake, give it some time. It looks like RIM worked out the kinks with the new BBM. I'm not sure what's taking them so long to release it, but I guess they are still working on other changes. With the new BBM, you can have over 100 contacts while keeping the ability to change your status messages.
    07-06-10 02:42 PM
    bump...
    my wife is having issues with her display picture as well... Anyone else having issues? It's been happening for a couple of days now...
    She's using bbm 5.0.0.57 on a 9700 on AT&T...
    She has herself on bbm and her picture wont update to her contacts and her contacts pics wont update on her phone either.
    Tried uninstalling bbm and reinstalling... doesn't work
    battery pulls... nothing...
    im gonna try to put a new os on it and hope that works...

any other suggestions?
    07-26-10 12:01 PM
    bump...
    my wife is having issues with her display picture as well... Anyone else having issues? It's been happening for a couple of days now...
    She's using bbm 5.0.0.57 on a 9700 on AT&T...
    She has herself on bbm and her picture wont update to her contacts and her contacts pics wont update on her phone either.
    Tried uninstalling bbm and reinstalling... doesn't work
    battery pulls... nothing...
    im gonna try to put a new os on it and hope that works...

any other suggestions?
    The OS shouldn't have anything to do with the operability of BBM. In the past when people had problems like this on BBM, RIM were making changes or upgrades to the server. Why don't you sign up for Blackberry betazone so you can get the new BBM 5.0.1.32. Good luck
    07-26-10 12:39 PM
    The OS shouldn't have anything to do with the operability of BBM. In the past when people had problems like this on BBM, RIM were making changes or upgrades to the server. Why don't you sign up for Blackberry betazone so you can get the new BBM 5.0.1.32. Good luck
    Thats exactly what we ended up doing and it worked now... thanks!
    07-26-10 12:58 PM
    Everything about BBM was working fine up until about a week ago...I'm having the same problem and my service provider doesn't know what the problem is either...all of a sudden poof i can't see updates and my contacts can't see mine!!
    08-03-10 10:17 PM
    I am having this problem as well, way to go RIM, start showing TV commercials about BBM and it doesn't even work 100 percent.

08-04-10 08:08 PM
    I have the same problem and hate it. I can change the pic on my phone and no one sees it. I can change my status message and that works....
    08-04-10 10:19 PM
    I have the same problem and hate it. I can change the pic on my phone and no one sees it. I can change my status message and that works....
    Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I'm having this same exact problem with my 9800 and bbm 5.0.3.22...has anyone figured out a fix for this.
    06-07-11 10:45 PM
    Same Over Here !!

I have Blackberry Bold 9700, Official Carrier was Vodafone, and is Simlock Free
    Now I have T-mobile Sim Blackberry Prepaid,
    Everything is Working accept, I don't See my Contact Pictures !!
    Only If they update there Display picture I Can see them.
    But They Can't see Mine.

I have tried, battery pull, I have tried to install again, I have tried to erase
    I have tried servicebook installations, I have tried register blackberry again

If I want to Back up files remotely in BBM messenger I Get this

Please try again later, You are currently being registered with the Blackberry
    Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few
    minutes.

I Have this for 2days if i try it

What is the problem, Please SOLUTION PLEASE

So many People have this Issue
    Is it an HARDWARE or is it an SOFTWARE Error ?

Why does RIM not REACT on this issues,
    the have internet right ? they have also a computer to look up this forums right?

but the be silent reading, and the come with no solution
    08-31-11 07:10 AM
    Same Over Here !!

I have Blackberry Bold 9700, Official Carrier was Vodafone, and is Simlock Free
    Now I have T-mobile Sim Blackberry Prepaid,
    Everything is Working accept, I don't See my Contact Pictures !!
    Only If they update there Display picture I Can see them.
    But They Can't see Mine.

I have tried, battery pull, I have tried to install again, I have tried to erase
    I have tried servicebook installations, I have tried register blackberry again

If I want to Back up files remotely in BBM messenger I Get this

Please try again later, You are currently being registered with the Blackberry
    Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few
    minutes.

I Have this for 2days if i try it

What is the problem, Please SOLUTION PLEASE

So many People have this Issue
    Is it an HARDWARE or is it an SOFTWARE Error ?

Why does RIM not REACT on this issues,
    the have internet right ? they have also a computer to look up this forums right?

but the be silent reading, and the come with no solution

I have the same problem with my 9800, it's been 2 weeks now...
    I've tried upgrading and downgrading OS and the BBM. But still no luck...

My Wife's 9780 work just fine... So i know it's not the Operator Problem...
    I think RIM did sumthing to my PIN.
    Cos right now i cant chat to myself... I can do that with my Wife's 9780.

RIM please give us explanation!!!! It's been almost 3 weeks now...
    01-07-12 09:27 PM
    In the future, save your bbm contact locally. This way your contact list will be saved on your SD card, then you can restore yoyour list from the SD card, rather than hoping and praying that the RIM servers are working correctly.

01-07-12 10:42 PM
    I have this problem as well and I only have 5 contacts. Been going on for 3 weeks now.
    08-15-12 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD