I'm looking for a way to have a bidirectional synchronization of my MemoPad notes with either my computer (to Outlook?) or some web-based note service (similar to Google Notebook).

Is anybody aware of any program that does this? It seems like a very simple task, but so far I haven't found anything that can do it!

Thanks!
    02-04-09 11:00 PM
    I haven't heard of software that does this, but I agree it'd be a great addition. Maybe Google will add a Notebook app to the suite.
    02-04-09 11:19 PM
    I know Google Notebook is on its way out, but there seem to be plenty of other online notebooks out there...
    02-04-09 11:46 PM
    For the first time a memo note synched with mt computer last night and I want it to stop. So it can be done.
    02-11-09 10:01 AM
    I'm looking for a way to have a bidirectional synchronization of my MemoPad notes with either my computer (to Outlook?) or some web-based note service (similar to Google Notebook).

Is anybody aware of any program that does this? It seems like a very simple task, but so far I haven't found anything that can do it!

Thanks!
    Outlook has a notes section that has bidirectional synchronization with MemoPad. Is that what you are asking?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:40 PM
    I agree with the OP that this is a critical app. Google sync today allows you to effectively 'back up' your contacts and calendars, OTA. The only remaining app to be synced is the Memopad. If I get an OTA app that does that for me, I don't need to have the blackberry client (or even MS Office ) on my machine!
    Last edited by romitm; 03-03-09 at 10:38 PM. Reason: an afterthought
    03-03-09 10:37 PM

Thanks!
    I don't know about OTA, but you can set up a sync using Bluetooth:View Document
    03-04-09 07:05 AM
    I found myself revisiting this same issue lately. I don't suppose anybody has found any good solutions? It seems simple enough: A way to sync some notes on the BlackBerry with either a desktop application or a website, like Google Documents.
    07-19-09 11:50 PM
    I was also looking for a solution to the same problem, and found nothing.

Sooner or later, there has to be some sort of "mobile me" type solution for Blackberry users without BES (including notes). That and 2 way Gmail sync, would make my blackberry truly mobile.
    08-10-09 10:56 PM
    I managed to get a text file from my computer to my Storm's MemoPad using a USB connection, then found that I can do it with Bluetooth, too. It wasn't very convenient, though it wasn't terrible.

Note that I discovered this just after updating Desktop Manager to v5.0. I don't know whether this became possible with v5.0, or whether it was already possible and I'd just missed it.

First, I had a text file I wanted to add to my Storm's MemoPad. (It had way too much text to type into a MemoPad entry, so I'd spent a couple weeks trying to figure out how to transfer it.)

I got it transferred using DM's synchronize functions. From the Main Menu, click Synchronize, then Configure>Synchronization. Then click the Synchronization button on the right side of the screen.

An "Intellisync" window appears with some organizer options. I put a check mark next to "MemoPad" and clicked Setup... with the "MemoPad" line highlighted.

The next window asks which application MemoPad should be synchronized to. Choose ASCII Importer/Exporter and click the Next > button.

Unfortunately, "Two way sync" appears but is not available as an option. I first chose "One way sync from Device". Then a new options window appears, with an "Options" button and a "Browse (for database)" button. The "Options" button gives you a chance to indicate field separators and record separators--stuff that will be confusing to many users. You can ignore it.

I created an empty text file. I called it "memos.txt" and put it in my standard device backup folder, but you could call it anything and put it anywhere. Then I clicked the Browse... button and selected my new, empty text file.

I clicked Next >, was shown a "Congratulations", I clicked Finish, and felt good about myself. Back to the "Intellisync" setup window, I clicked OK, and was back to the "Synchronization Configuration" display in the main DM window.

I clicked Synchronize in the upper-left of the window. Here I made sure Synchronize organizer data was checked and clicked the Synchronize button in the middle of the window. After a couple of progress bars all of my MemoPad entries were stored in my once-empty "memos" file.

Looking in the "memos" file I figured out the organization. For each MemoPad entry, there was:
    • Title, inside double quotes
    • comma
    • Entire contents of the entry, completely contained within double quotes. Note that if you have double quotes within any of your MemoPad entries, that will screw up this process; you might be able to solve this by changing the "Field Delimiters" up in the MemoPad setup (which I above said to skip).
    • comma

Each subsequent entry begins on a new line.

Looking at a MemoPad entry in this file can be confusing, because any newlines in the entry will appear in this file, and at first it can look like a mess. But newlines in the entry are fine as long as the format described above is followed.

For the file I wanted to transfer to my Storm I added a new title (in double quotes) on a new line at the bottom of the file, followed by a comma, then a double quote, then the contents of the file I wanted transferred (including lots of newlines), followed by one more double quote and a comma.

Then I went through the DM MemoPad setup described above, but changed to "One way sync to device". Then I synchronized again. I was asked if I wanted to accept (or reject, with a couple options I ignored) one new record. I accepted.

Then my big text file was indeed on my Storm, in the MemoPad application. It had the title and contents correctly.

I hope this helps someone.
    09-23-09 04:43 PM
    I came across this forum trying to find a replacement for Funambol. I have 90 days. It's an over the air solution for contacts, calendar, and memos. I have been using it for over a year. Funambol is discontinuing its OTA service for corporate clients.

Help!
    10-18-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD