Going a little nuts here. Changed out work phones, and went to download BBM OTA, and did not like the new version at all. Read the forums, and have tried to download old version via desktop manager, but no apps are showing there and I'm getting a "there is no software available for this device, contact your system administrator" type message.

Searching the threads, it appears there was several OTA links available for the older version, but none of them seem to be active anymore?

Anyone have an active link? I've got the curve 8320 with the 4.5 OS.

Thanks
    Last edited by davptn; 03-16-10 at 07:58 PM.
    03-16-10 07:51 PM
    03-16-10 08:18 PM
    May I ask your reason for disliking the new version of bbm?
    03-16-10 08:34 PM
    Link still downloaded the newer version.

Much preferred older version. Simpler and less cluttered. And when receiving an im from contact "A", you could open a conversation with contact "B", copy the message from contact "A", paste into memo pad, and read without sending the "R" in order to decide if you wanted the other person to know you read their message or not. Sometimes useful.
    03-16-10 09:14 PM
    wasnt the Old version of BBM one of the reasons why Blackberry servers crashed all the time?
    03-16-10 09:20 PM
    wasnt the Old version of BBM one of the reasons why Blackberry servers crashed all the time?
    That was a buggy earlier build of BBM5. The current build is a little better but still not as well behaved as BBM4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 09:26 PM
    You need to install the current OS of your phone to your PC in order for the old BBM to show up in the app loader.
    03-17-10 09:48 AM
    Guess I'll stick with the new bbm for now. Not up for the hassle of changing it out. Biggest problem so far is no alert available for a delivered buy unread message. Can only set alerts when the other part sets their phone to "unavailable".

Newer bbm definately does not seem like much of an upgrade over the older version.
    03-17-10 12:50 PM
    Guess I'll stick with the new bbm for now. Not up for the hassle of changing it out. Biggest problem so far is no alert available for a delivered buy unread message. Can only set alerts when the other part sets their phone to "unavailable".

Newer bbm definately does not seem like much of an upgrade over the older version.
    If you install the current OS of your phone on your PC, you can get it back.

-download the OS from the Blackberry website and install it on your PC

-do a backup of your phone on desktop manager (something you should do
    normally anyway)

-delete BBM from your phone

-connect your phone to desktop manager, open the app loader and have BBM
    installed. That's the BBM you want.

-go to restore and go to advanced restore. Restore "Blackberry Messenger"
    and your contacts will be on their again.
    03-17-10 12:57 PM
    But today there is a little tidbit of info that there will be new features to the latest bbm.
    Maybe one of the features will be that it works like you want it to?
    03-17-10 12:59 PM

I certainly agree with you!! I, too, am looking for the older version of BBM with the "set alert" function. Davptn, would u mind telling me if you were able to successfully install the older version?
    05-05-10 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD