I've been on 6 so long, I forgot what 5 is all about. Does it have a better battery life? Right when I got my 9650, I jumped right on 6. What's the best version of 5 to go down to? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 08:11 AM
    I've been on 6 so long, I forgot what 5 is all about. Does it have a better battery life? Right when I got my 9650, I jumped right on 6. What's the best version of 5 to go down to? Thanks!

Why would you be going down to OS5?
    If it's for battery life are you making sure that all of your apps are exited?
    The best version of 5 is what your phone came with 975.
    Unless you want to look for 1006 which is being sent shipped on mew phones. Although someone did say if you go to VZW's site you can download it, so you might want to try that.
    01-21-11 08:20 AM
    Unless you want to look for 1006 which is being sent shipped on mew phones. Although someone did say if you go to VZW's site you can download it, so you might want to try that.
    Yeah, my friend just gold a Bold and his came with 1006. It's not ONLY for battery life, I just need something to keep me busy while we wait for new leaks/hybrids. Yes, I always make sure to close all apps. Even though people say that when your OS is "settling", the battery is at its worst, that's what mine works the best so it seems the longer I have an OS installed the battery life keeps decreasing in performance.
    Last edited by lolreconlol; 01-21-11 at 08:36 AM.
    01-21-11 08:31 AM
    I personally have awesome battery life with OS 6... my Bold seems to operate much more efficiently on OS 6. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones where OS 6 actually made it better than OS 5.
    01-21-11 08:34 AM
    The .415 official Sprint OS6 build gives me excellent battery life....in fact..when I swapped in the .398 radio, my battery life took a turn for the worse.
    01-21-11 09:04 AM
    The .415 official Sprint OS6 build gives me excellent battery life....in fact..when I swapped in the .398 radio, my battery life took a turn for the worse.
    Same for me! Maybe I'll just go back to the straight 415 without the 398 radio..
    01-21-11 09:12 AM
    I still haven't seen .1006. I looked on the VZW website but it wasn't there...

01-21-11 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD