I've got the new OS6 and love it. One thing I am having an issue with is why when you take pictures with OS6 does it save them to "Camera Pictures" and all of my previous photos that I have taken are under "Picture Library"??

I can't seem to find a way to make new pictures that I'm taking with OS6 to save under Picture Library. Am I going to have to move my Picture Library entirely into Camera Pictures just so they all stay together? What was the point in separating the photos like this??

Just looking for some help or insight before I move them all and hoping I overlooked something

Thanks
    01-27-11 04:13 PM
    I've got the new OS6 and love it. One thing I am having an issue with is why when you take pictures with OS6 does it save them to "Camera Pictures" and all of my previous photos that I have taken are under "Picture Library"??

I can't seem to find a way to make new pictures that I'm taking with OS6 to save under Picture Library. Am I going to have to move my Picture Library entirely into Camera Pictures just so they all stay together? What was the point in separating the photos like this??

Just looking for some help or insight before I move them all and hoping I overlooked something

Thanks
    Yes, it saves them to camera pictures and to get them where you want them, you have to move them yourself.
    I wouldn't move them all into Camera Pictures...just make separate folders and sort your pictures that way. Move them out of camera pictures occasionally and sort them where they gotta go. I have 15 folders on my card for pictures.
    01-27-11 04:39 PM
    I have the same situation, my previous pictures in Pictures and the new ones in Camera. I can't see how to 1. make new folders and 2. direct the view to look at the new folder. Any help would be appreciated.
    Harvey
    01-27-11 06:47 PM
    I have the same situation, my previous pictures in Pictures and the new ones in Camera. I can't see how to 1. make new folders and 2. direct the view to look at the new folder. Any help would be appreciated.
    Harvey
    #2 when you take a picture, it will always go in the camera pictures folder. You cannot change that!

Plug your phone into the PC and navigate to your storage card and create new folders inside the Blackberry/pictures folder. Then sort out your pictures.
    You may also be able to create folders right on your storage card by using your berry and an app called File Scout or File Manager Pro.
    01-27-11 07:07 PM
    Use the files option in the media folder and organize all you pictures. You can cut from viewing pictures and paste into files just by switching applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 07:24 PM
    There's no need to even use the "Files" icon or any app to organize pictures.

When you're in Media> Pictures: You can add a "New Folder" from within the menu. You can also cut and paste to move any pictures around between folders. If you have a lot of pictures to move around then it would be easier to just plug the phone into a computer though.
    01-27-11 07:38 PM
    My organization of pictures is not to have multiple folders for them. I like one main folder with the oldest at the bottom and the newest at the top. That's how I should be able to do it. I don't want 2, 3, 5, or even 15 folders when 1 is more than enough for me.

End result....no one has found a way other than my idea to move everything into Camera Pictures and then when I save images to move them over every time as well.
    01-27-11 08:29 PM
    Then just select "View by Date" in the Pictures menu. That will ignore any folders you have and sort them by date.
    01-27-11 08:47 PM
    Found the "Pictures" folder and that works for making new folders, moving pictures around and viewing them. I used to open the camera and then click on View Pictures but then i could not find the other folders. By just using the pictures folder I have access to them all.
    01-27-11 09:34 PM
    My organization of pictures is not to have multiple folders for them. I like one main folder with the oldest at the bottom and the newest at the top. That's how I should be able to do it. I don't want 2, 3, 5, or even 15 folders when 1 is more than enough for me.

End result....no one has found a way other than my idea to move everything into Camera Pictures and then when I save images to move them over every time as well.
    Food for thought... you may go on vacation, and want to share/show your vacation pics. If you had those pics in a separate folder, you could run the slide show for that album only. Also, if you use a conventional camera, You can add entire albums to your berry and the picture resolution will be better.

Or, if the first option is what you really want, just move all of your pictures to the camera album via PC, or hope and pray OS 6.1 allows you more options when it come to media.
    01-28-11 05:01 AM
    What we are trying to tell you you is there IS NO OTHER WAY...lol
    The OS saves the pic where it does and that's that.
    Good Luck figuring it out.
    01-28-11 05:33 AM
    I don't mind moving them out of "Camera" but I would LOVE a way to sort the pictures ANY other way WITHIN a folder(s) besides date. Ideally I'd like to "Move" them in my ideal order like icons on the home screen. But if I need to rename my photos alphabetically or numerically I'd accept that. Anything but date. Any ideas? Thank you.
    07-24-11 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD