Just installed OS 6.0.0.431 on my Verizon 9650 and I'm having difficulty scrolling smothly when I read articles. The program works, but scrolling seems to take a little more effort? Any Ideas? Thanks
    BTW I have the latest version of Berry Reader 1.1.49
    01-26-11 10:12 AM
    Just installed OS 6.0.0.431 on my Verizon 9650 and I'm having difficulty scrolling smothly when I read articles. The program works, but scrolling seems to take a little more effort? Any Ideas? Thanks
    BTW I have the latest version of Berry Reader 1.1.49
    I have the same problem. I notice the forced scrolling in the settings area of the app, where you set the preferences.

BTW I think that those Bellshare apps all need an overhaul, I found leaks with BeBuzz and BeWeather on OS6.
    01-26-11 12:32 PM
    I'm not having any issues with mine...

Is this happening with the main list of articles, or when you view the whole article within BerryReader? Have you tried deleting the app, then installing it again, with a couple battery pulls in between?

And jaydee, you need to call Verizon and have them send you a new phone. I've seen your posts about your memory leak issue, and that's not right, something is definitely wrong with your phone. I too have ran every 6.0 leak and many hybrids, and I average about a 2mb drop over 24 hours.
    01-26-11 12:58 PM
    The following is from the Bellshare forum...
    All non OS 6.0 builds use our own smooth scrolling implementation.

In the OS 6.0 build our own implementation had to be removed as OS 6.0 comes with its own native implementation of smooth scrolling.
    As far as your memory leak goes...I've been running 6.0 since the first leak and have BerryWeather, BerryBuzz, BerryPopup, BerryReader as well as many other applications and I haven 't seen any issues with memory leaks. So either there is something going on with your actually device, or some other 3rd party app.
    01-26-11 01:20 PM
    Make sure you have the version for os6 and didn't carry over the one from 5. if you need to update go to wherever you got it and download a trial of six then input your old code. Worked for me.
    01-26-11 01:25 PM
    All the folks who are having issues with the L-A-Z-Y scroll.... where did you guys download the app from?
    I know this may sound strange... but if u downloaded it from anyplace (Mobihand/crackberry/third party site) other than BellShare's main site, then you will have this problem.

To fix it do this:
    1. Write down your Berry Reader registration code.
    2. Uninstall Berry Reader from the device.
    3. Hard pull the battery.
    4. Go to BellShare's website and download the app from "THEIR" link.
    5. Install it.
    6. Use your code to re-register the app.

Hope this helps....
    01-26-11 01:39 PM
    All the folks who are having issues with the L-A-Z-Y scroll.... where did you guys download the app from?
    I know this may sound strange... but if u downloaded it from anyplace (Mobihand/crackberry/third party site) other than BellShare's main site, then you will have this problem.

To fix it do this:
    1. Write down your Berry Reader registration code.
    2. Uninstall Berry Reader from the device.
    3. Hard pull the battery.
    4. Go to BellShare's website and download the app from "THEIR" link.
    5. Install it.
    6. Use your code to re-register the app.

Hope this helps....
    Gotta disagree with you here. I get all my Bell Share apps from mobihand or CB store and my problem was solved by getting the correct version. When I go back to 5 or move forward to 6 I always have to update my b reader version appropriately. If I don't, I get the sluggish operation described above.
    Whether or not this is their issue I don't know, just wanted to put another possibility out there that helped me everytime. The newer version will install right over the top of the old. Then a battery pull never hurts.
    Mobihand is awesome in that they keep all your codes for you for easy access, all apps not just bellshare.
    01-26-11 02:09 PM
    and my problem was solved by getting the correct version.
    cbreze makes a good point here. There is nothing wrong with downloading the apps from mobihand...as long as you make sure you are downloading the proper version for your os. If you ever feel the verison from mobihand is incorrect, Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps will have any version you need.
    01-26-11 02:50 PM
    Well, I do have the correct version from Mobihand, but am going to try and download the 6 trial and put in my code with the battery pulls in between and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the advice
    01-26-11 03:16 PM
    I had the exact same issue and the solution I posted worked for me....
    Its completely possible that it might not work for anyone else out there...
    But if someone is as frustrated as i was with the lazy scroll, then giving this method a shot wont hurt.... that just my opinion....
    01-26-11 03:51 PM
    Just make sure you have the 6.0 version. That fixed it for me.
    01-26-11 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion guys! I deleted mine, downloaded the os6 trial from Bellshare and registered it with my code. Lagginess gone!!!

Cool!!!
    01-26-11 06:46 PM
    Me too! Yeah
    01-26-11 06:49 PM
    glad it worked for u guys.... I had bought mine from mobihand as well and got the right version... but there is something about that installer hosted on their site that causes the lzay scroll... not sure what it it....
    01-26-11 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD