I do not like to have the messenger on the BB.

On the 593 I can't remove it! Is there a way to do it?

Thank.
    04-27-10 10:24 AM
    Yep. When you next upgrade the OS, make sure that you remove the file net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod from the Java folder prior to installing the OS.

RIM seems to assume that everybody actually wants BBM on their phones. Personally I do not.

This is the only way that I have found so far.
    04-27-10 11:04 AM
    I don't do BBM either, but I read a simple way of removing it from .593

With .593 BBM is part of the Core Applications, and therefore un-deleteable.
    What you have to do is downgrade to an older version (from App World?), which then places it in the Add-On list...
    and delete it from there.
    04-27-10 11:13 AM
    or just leave it on the device....what are the pros to removing it? its not like your device suddenly doubles in speed with it removed
    04-27-10 11:24 AM
    or just leave it on the device....what are the pros to removing it? its not like your device suddenly doubles in speed with it removed
    If BBM is on the phone, it is running all the time. It shows up when you invoke Task Manager.

Should anyone send you a BBM message it will show up in BBM (quite reasonably). If BBM is not installed then these messages show up as emails (much better).

That's why I remove this program.
    04-27-10 12:18 PM
    thank for helping
    04-27-10 12:38 PM
    You can actually go to options, applications, find it on the list, and delete it that way. . I'm running the same OS and that's what I had to do.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-27-10 02:33 PM
    No on this OS this does not work It will not delete it!
    04-28-10 01:47 AM
    Download BBM from BB home page (which will prompt you to overwrite the existing version) and then you will be able to remove it from the add-ins after the phone reboot.
    04-28-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD