How come I no longer have custom email icons for my themes? Every theme now just used the precision icon for my email? They used to be custom...
    01-14-10 10:43 AM
    Are you saying you can't find a theme with custom icon's in the 8900 Theme Forum where this question should have been posted???
    01-14-10 10:57 AM
    No, I am saying that every theme that has a custom email icon doesn't work. The zen icon is over riding the custom email icon. I had one theme where the icon showed up but then after a battery pull it reverted back to the zen icon.

And sorry for posting in the wrong forum - I thought that forum was a place where people shared themes not asked questions regarding the OS.
    01-14-10 11:05 AM
    Is this for gmail icon only or all of your email icons?

How come I no longer have custom email icons for my themes? Every theme now just used the precision icon for my email? They used to be custom...
    01-14-10 11:08 AM
    I am using gmail but not the gmail app. The other email address is my own from a domain name - but uses the gmail backend.
    01-14-10 11:17 AM
    I had the same problem when I updated to 5.0.0.411. Its b/c the OS has the enhanced gmail plugin alx file. Here's I what I did remove gmail from my phone, the on my PC went to to the OS folder, delete the file and reupload the OS. After that I added gmail back to the phone and my gmail icon turned into the theme designated icon. The file will be under the shared folder within the OS folder on your PC ending in I think, net_bb_gmail plugin alx, sorry can't remember. Hope this helps.
    I am using gmail but not the gmail app. The other email address is my own from a domain name - but uses the gmail backend.
    01-14-10 11:31 AM
    I had the same problem when I updated to 5.0.0.411. Its b/c the OS has the enhanced gmail plugin alx file. Here's I what I did remove gmail from my phone, the on my PC went to to the OS folder, delete the file and reupload the OS. After that I added gmail back to the phone and my gmail icon turned into the theme designated icon. The file will be under the shared folder within the OS folder on your PC ending in I think, net_bb_gmail plugin alx, sorry can't remember. Hope this helps.
    Thank you. I will have to try this once I am back on the right computer.
    I know you used to be able to delete that plug in from the application list, but I can't seem to find it now.
    01-14-10 11:53 AM
    Yea I know, it seems like they tried to be sneaky with it this time, lol
    Thank you. I will have to try this once I am back on the right computer.
    I know you used to be able to delete that plug in from the application list, but I can't seem to find it now.
    Last edited by zilla0617; 01-14-10 at 12:08 PM.
    01-14-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD