With the new OS comes threaded text messages. One weird bug I noticed is that if I text someone who's on my BBM list, their text messages are treated like BBM messages. If I get a new message from them, it shows with unread BBM icon and the conversation shows up in BBM. there's also no new message indicator in my normal Messages box either. It even plays the BBM message alert sound.

Also, the message icon isn't the regular text or bbm message icon. Its some black vertical rectangle with the top half white.

The showing up in BBM isn't that big of an issue but I would love to have all my text messages treated the same way, regardless of who its from.

Also, I don't know if this has been covered already. The search on the mobile site kind of sucks and my work blocks this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 10:02 AM
    (I'm basically looking for a way of turning off this feature/bug short of removing BBM)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 10:03 AM
    i havent tried this but if you go to your contact in BBM and remove the blackberry contact association i think it will solve this issue.
    10-23-09 10:08 AM
    i havent tried this but if you go to your contact in BBM and remove the blackberry contact association i think it will solve this issue.
    correct...that will work

i starting attaching some contacts with BBM and then saw the way it was being handled by BBM and such and removed them. I tend to save my SMS messages so having them always show in the "chats" in BBM is annoying especially if i already have a BBM session with them
    10-23-09 10:17 AM
    I personally love this feature. I like to have all of my "texting" in threaded conversations in one place being the BBM app. I've added all the contacts I speak to regurlarly through SMS to my BBM contacts list as an SMS contact.
    10-23-09 10:23 AM
    Very anoying indeed.
    10-23-09 10:23 AM
    correct...that will work

i starting attaching some contacts with BBM and then saw the way it was being handled by BBM and such and removed them. I tend to save my SMS messages so having them always show in the "chats" in BBM is annoying especially if i already have a BBM session with them
    How do you remove them once they've been added?
    10-23-09 10:40 AM
    How do you remove them once they've been added?
    go to contact profile, then remove "contact link" i think it is
    10-23-09 10:48 AM
    go to contact profile, then remove "contact link" i think it is
    Sweet! That was it. Thanks.
    10-23-09 10:52 AM
    i like and hate this threaded sms most mostly hate and having the chat end in bbm ?? come on. I wish i could turn of threaded sms cus my sms is my pager so i have 500pluss messages in on thread and trying to find something is impossible very annoying might just down grade to fix this
    10-26-09 02:05 PM
    i like and hate this threaded sms most mostly hate and having the chat end in bbm ?? come on. I wish i could turn of threaded sms cus my sms is my pager so i have 500pluss messages in on thread and trying to find something is impossible very annoying might just down grade to fix this
    Why the **** would you use it as a pager?
    10-26-09 02:39 PM
    Just curious... Why would you text a BBM contact? BBM is free and much more efficient.
    10-26-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD