11-07-11 09:10 AM
27 12
tools
    I have a Blackberry Curve, and my provider is Telus, and I'm no longer able to sync with my Outlook Calendar. I'm using Desktop Manager 4.2 to sync. I'm not syncing address book or tasks or anything else, so it is the calendar causing the issue.

The issue...
    I sync, and the message box says that it's reading the device entries - no problem. Then it starts reading my Outlook entries, and it gets to record X (currently it's #27, but it sometimes changes), then I get a popup that says "The operation terminated unexpectedly".

When I first encountered this problem I was able to resolve it by resetting my sync configuration. After doing this successfully a number of times, it stopped fixing the problem, so I uninstalled/reinstalled the software a couple of times. This didn't work. I found a post suggesting I rename my Intellisync folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry), and once I did this I was able to sync again!

But now my issue is back, and resetting the config doesn't work, and renaming/deleting the Intellisync folder doesn't work either. I've tried backing up and clearing my calendar DB on my BB, but the issue seems to be with an Outlook entry, so syncing still fails with the same error. I've also deleted several outlook entries around what I think is #27 - no luck.

The PtTrace.log says (among other things):
    "Sun Jul 27 22:57:12 2008: Error 0x83110005.-2096037883.0 at .\syncconfigmanager.cpp line 1137
    Sun Jul 27 22:57:13 2008: Error Failed to load CXLServer1.dll from the product directory..4005 at .\callback.cpp line 3610"

How can I debug this issue? Can you help me please?
    Thanks!
    Ali
    07-27-08 10:18 PM
    I just got my BB 2 weeks ago and this is frustrating.
    One of the primary uses is for my calendar!

08-29-08 04:43 PM
    I removed the old version (I guess I was on 4.3) and downloaded the 4.6 version and now it is working.
    09-02-08 08:05 PM
    I have upgraded to 4.6 but still get message. Anyone? I have checked all calendar entries and they all have a subject and a start time which are required. Please!!
    10-28-08 11:09 AM
    I have upgraded to 4.6 but still get message. Anyone? I have checked all calendar entries and they all have a subject and a start time which are required. Please!!
    Just got the Storm and I'm running into this same issue. Anyone ever find out why this does this? Truly frustrating!
    11-23-08 06:29 PM
    Windinwillows -

I found a thread that said to delete the Intelisync folder on the computer... but i do not have such a folder. I am running Desktop Manager 4.7 and Software 4.7.0.75 on a Storm.

There was no sync problem with the 0.65 software, but when i did the OTA software upgrade I became unable to sync my outlook calendar. My contacts sync from yahoo without a problem.

There was an intellisync error log file in the Blackberry folder which i deleted.

Then I did a battery pull. > Then I relaunced Desktop manager. > Then i clicked on Synchronize > Reset Configuration.

(I think that was the key, to reset configuration.) Now it is working fine.

Hope that helps.
    12-09-08 11:02 AM
    What worked for me is finding the offending meeting in my calendar and deleting it.

I have over 2800 items in my calendar going back to 2004. Even though I only want to sync one week before and one week after, the sync program goes through every item in my calendar.

Using the "View Log" button in Desktop Manager, I found the last item processed before crashing with the "The Operation Terminated Unexpectedly" error.

Although the items are not processed in an exact sequential order, they are close. I found the last item in Outlook and looked for items during the same week, one week before and one week after. I found a meeting (from 2005) that had an attachment and deleted it.

Opened Desktop Manager again and the sync worked!
    12-17-08 02:11 AM
    I found a post suggesting I rename my Intellisync folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry), and once I did this I was able to sync again!
    I encountered the same problem today, after updating to .109. Following this recommendation fixed the problem for me, at least for today.
    02-28-09 10:01 AM
    I'm a power user of the BB calendar and Outlook Calendar. I never really cleaned out my old calendar entries. Looking at the log file, I noticed that, in fact, the operation terminated at or around certain calendar entries. What I did was go through all my old calendar entries before today's date and delete them. This, of course, is a problem if you like to keep a history of your appointments and such, but it will fix your problem for those of you who are future appointment oriented.

Just off the top of my head, for those of you who do like to keep a history of your appointments, you could delete all your old appointments and sync your bberry. If the sync works, you're golden. Then, you could undelete groups of old appointments back into your Outlook Calendar. Keep track of what your re-adding. Do a sync every once in awhile, and when the bberry locks up, you can begin to nail down what appointment is screwing up your sync.

Alternatively, it does seem as if "funky" calendar appointments are what screws up the Bberry sync. For instance, attachments, notes, etc. Go through what you deleted, and look at them. Isolate those that are out of the ordinary with attachments, notes, weird recurrences, etc. Re-add your more normal entries. Sync. Then, try re-adding groups of those with commonalities - attachments, then notes, then weird recurrances, etc. As you do this, sync your Bberry. When you run into a termination, note what type of uncommon calendar item it was, and consider not using the variation again. This would help prevent future problems and headaches, and having to do this again.

I notice that a lot of people said that they would do a fix like updating their manager, or deleting a file. I think all this is doing is providing a quick fix to a deeper software conflict. All the Intellisync does is transfer info from proprietary software (RIM) on the Blackberry to proprietary software on your computer (Microsoft's). Some things just aren't transferable, I would assume, and RIM's folks probably just haven't tracked down those oddities which don't transfer (which us power calendar users do) and made a code change. I'd say us power calendar users probably do a lot more fancy things with our calendars (recurrences, notes, attachments), and it probably confuses the sync software, and dies. Finding out what type of oddity crashes your sync is the pragmatic long term solution to calendar issues, until RIM solves the problem for us power calendar users.

For me, I'm just going to make sure to clean out my calendar every once in awhile so I don't gunk up my Blackberry. I hope these suggestions help those who find calendar sync issues; perhaps people have other variations to pragmatically solve the problem? Thanks.

Oh, and I hope this was a great first post! I'm looking forward to Crackberry!
    07-03-09 12:07 PM
    Well, I tried many of the other ideas, but what finally worked for me was to Clear the Calendar DB from my phone using DM v5.0. I then ran the sync with no errors.
    08-20-09 05:15 PM
    What is Calendar DB?Where do I find it?
    08-26-09 01:34 PM
    See Blackberry KB05340 - this has been a known issue since December 2008 and they have still not fixed it! This KB does not turn up when you do a search on the error message as it does not refer to the error message.

I have been on the phone with tech support for Bell Mobility in Canada for several hours over two days. It took anecdotal knowledge of someone in their escalated support to identify the KB.

Here are the things we tried that did not work:
    Clean uninstall of Desktop Manager using KB02206.
    Rename Intellisync folder in Docs & Settings.
    Downgrade from DM 4.70 to 4.50 and 4.30 - none of them worked.
    Wiped the device - the auto backup I had done before calling tech support had not backed up my calendar so I was SOL there anyway.
    Reviewed sync log each time it failed and was told to delete the record last shown in it. I did this three times and it just kept stopping at the previous record. The log does not show it reading the calendar entries in any identifiable order - they dot around all over the place and are not in chronological order of calendar date or entry date.
    My device would NOT delete/clear the Calendar database no matter what we tried.
    09-10-09 08:11 PM
    I'm a power user of the BB calendar and Outlook Calendar. I never really cleaned out my old calendar entries. Looking at the log file, I noticed that, in fact, the operation terminated at or around certain calendar entries. What I did was go through all my old calendar entries before today's date and delete them. This, of course, is a problem if you like to keep a history of your appointments and such, but it will fix your problem for those of you who are future appointment oriented.

Just off the top of my head, for those of you who do like to keep a history of your appointments, you could delete all your old appointments and sync your bberry. If the sync works, you're golden. Then, you could undelete groups of old appointments back into your Outlook Calendar. Keep track of what your re-adding. Do a sync every once in awhile, and when the bberry locks up, you can begin to nail down what appointment is screwing up your sync.

Alternatively, it does seem as if "funky" calendar appointments are what screws up the Bberry sync. For instance, attachments, notes, etc. Go through what you deleted, and look at them. Isolate those that are out of the ordinary with attachments, notes, weird recurrences, etc. Re-add your more normal entries. Sync. Then, try re-adding groups of those with commonalities - attachments, then notes, then weird recurrances, etc. As you do this, sync your Bberry. When you run into a termination, note what type of uncommon calendar item it was, and consider not using the variation again. This would help prevent future problems and headaches, and having to do this again.

I notice that a lot of people said that they would do a fix like updating their manager, or deleting a file. I think all this is doing is providing a quick fix to a deeper software conflict. All the Intellisync does is transfer info from proprietary software (RIM) on the Blackberry to proprietary software on your computer (Microsoft's). Some things just aren't transferable, I would assume, and RIM's folks probably just haven't tracked down those oddities which don't transfer (which us power calendar users do) and made a code change. I'd say us power calendar users probably do a lot more fancy things with our calendars (recurrences, notes, attachments), and it probably confuses the sync software, and dies. Finding out what type of oddity crashes your sync is the pragmatic long term solution to calendar issues, until RIM solves the problem for us power calendar users.

For me, I'm just going to make sure to clean out my calendar every once in awhile so I don't gunk up my Blackberry. I hope these suggestions help those who find calendar sync issues; perhaps people have other variations to pragmatically solve the problem? Thanks.

Oh, and I hope this was a great first post! I'm looking forward to Crackberry!
    In my opinion there is no need to go scouring your calendar databases to find a 'defective' entry. All you really need to do is to clear your calendar entries on your blackberry using the desktop manager's 'Advanced - Backup & Restore function'. (on Desktop Manager v5.0, the click-able path is:
    Backup & Restore --> Advanced ---> Select and highlight "Calendar - All" in the Device databases section and click on Clear. this will clear all calendar entries on your device. Now, just re-sync your calendar again and it will work.

Cheers!
    11-25-09 02:48 PM
    In my opinion there is no need to go scouring your calendar databases to find a 'defective' entry. All you really need to do is to clear your calendar entries on your blackberry using the desktop manager's 'Advanced - Backup & Restore function'. (on Desktop Manager v5.0, the click-able path is:
    Backup & Restore --> Advanced ---> Select and highlight "Calendar - All" in the Device databases section and click on Clear. this will clear all calendar entries on your device. Now, just re-sync your calendar again and it will work.
    This simply doesn't work once the BB is totally messed up. I tried this with BB Support three times and it would not clear the entries. Totally wiping the BB didn't help either. I went through all the steps described in the post above. I ended up archiving my calendar entries prior to about two weeks before the date I experienced the problem, then resynching. I had to manually bring back in all my recurring entries - testing after every small batch. It certainly doesn't like 'some' recurring entries but I could not figure out why it was OK with others.

I have not had the problem since then.
    11-26-09 08:54 AM
    This simply doesn't work once the BB is totally messed up. I tried this with BB Support three times and it would not clear the entries. Totally wiping the BB didn't help either. I went through all the steps described in the post above. I ended up archiving my calendar entries prior to about two weeks before the date I experienced the problem, then resynching. I had to manually bring back in all my recurring entries - testing after every small batch. It certainly doesn't like 'some' recurring entries but I could not figure out why it was OK with others.

I have not had the problem since then.
    As luck would have it, i myself had this issue today and tried my own recommendation and it did not work!!.So, i am guessing this particular issue has many causes. I was able to fix this issue this time around by choosing not to "Remove Alarm for past items" under Calendar setup (put a check mark into that field when you are setting up your calendar for the first time after resetting the configuration).

- On Blackberry Desktop manager --Click on "Synchronize"... this will take you to the "Synchronize" page
    - On the left pane click on "Synchronization" under "configure"
    - Click the "reset configuration" button and confirm the reset.
    - Close & restart your Desktop Manager software
    - Now follow instructions to setup sync from the following link: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...y-sync-outlook
    - In the Calendar setup wizard, there will be a window titled " Microsoft Outlook options for calendar"... Here on this window you will find a check box beside "Remove Alarm for past items". Check this box and finish setup.
    - You must now be able to sync properly.

Cheers
    12-21-09 03:19 PM
    Hello all,

I've been doing tech support for the last 2 years with Blackberries & mobile broadband's, and have been through this error message more than once.
    Its very easy to resolve once you manage to know the entry that is causing the sync to stop and fail.

So, the resolution would be:

A) Identifying which appliction "Calendar, tasks, memo pads, contacts" is causing the sync to fail."Mainly its either the calendar or the contacts".

Afterwards, kindly follow the steps in the below article, and it would definitly fix the issue.

Link: KB01451-How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

And i will attach a sample of the Notepad file that you can track the corrupted entry from.

Kind regards
    08-31-10 07:19 AM
    Hello again ,

Below is a better elaboration for the steps to fix this error message :

A) Identifying which appliction "Calendar, tasks, memo pads, contacts" is causing the sync to fail."Mainly its either the calendar or the contacts".

Afterwards, kindly follow the steps in the below article:

Link: KB01451-How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

And, after performing tasks 1, 2 & 4 "in case you're not using Lotus Notes", We will now locate the corrupted entry & get rid of it, by doing the following:

1) Go to the Intellisync folder under the C drive "as described earlier", and open the "tif.log" file using notepad. This would open up a list of the whole process between the organizer application on your BB HH & your desktop organizer application, in other words it will start by showing the starting contact the synchronisation process started with, and the contact where the sync Stopped.

Here's a sample of a "tif.log" file:

Loading from DateRange 1/01/1900 -- 1/01/1900
    ILTIFFeatureSet(0x0, 0x1) rc=0
    -------- ilsdk starting assembly of a_record_for_export_to_TIF
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2004_SUBJECT len=19 "Charlotte's Anniversary"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2005_BODY len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 116_Keywords len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 1_BUSY_TYPE len=1 "1"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2_LOCATION len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p8_PrivateFlag len=1 "0"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p26.MeetingAttendees len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 6_ALL_DAY_EVENT len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 106_Contacts len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 9_MeetingStatus len=13 "Not a Meeting"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p101_AttachmentInfo len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 159_Override len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 160_Play len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 161_SndFile len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2076_Sensitivity len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 22_Server len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 158_DocsPath len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 23_OrgAlias len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 21_NetMType len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 156_Label len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 157_EventAddress len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _UniqueID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4C42B2300@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _RecordID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4C42B2300@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p94_StoreIDHash len=8 "d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _FolderGroup len=1 "0"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2068_TLM len=17 "01c9409e:e0e2f330"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _Delta len=1 "A"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _FolderID len=10 "1243863041"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2069_EntryID len=48 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4C42B2 300"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 102_Mileage len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 103_BillingInformation len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 154_Global_ObjectID len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 8_IsEventAMeeting len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2192_OwnerApptId len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _appData len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _repBasic len=144
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    rpt.startDate = 7/11/2006 (39026)
    rpt.stopDate = Open-Ended (-1)
    freq=1, numDays=1, day=7, month=11
    dayOfWeek=0, weekOfMonth=0, days[0..6]=0000000
    months[0..11]=000000000000, weeks[0..4]=00000
    numExDates=0
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p1.StartDate len=8 "20061107"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p2.StartTime len=6 "080000"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p7.AlarmFlag len=1 "1"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.3 (rc=0) _Delta ==> len=2, val="A\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.3 (rc=0) _subType ==> len=2, val="0\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.3 (rc=0) _repBasic ==> len=144, val=
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    numExDates=0
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) 2004_SUBJECT ==> len=20, val="Charlotte's Anniversarry"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 21 Description Title len=20 "Charlotte's Anniversarry"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) 2005_BODY ==> len=1, val="\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 22 Description body len=1 "\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) 2_LOCATION ==> len=1, val="\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 23 Location len=1 "\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p3.EndDate ==> len=9, val="20061107\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 28 End Date len=9 "20061107\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p4.EndTime ==> len=7, val="083000\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 29 End Time len=7 "083000\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p7.AlarmFlag ==> len=2, val="1\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 36 Alarm Flag len=2 "1\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) 1_BUSY_TYPE ==> len=2, val="1\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 32 Free Busy len=2 "1\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p26.MeetingAttendees ==> len=1, val="\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 34 Attendees len=1 "\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p8_PrivateFlag ==> len=2, val="0\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 60 Private len=2 "0\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) _appData ==> len=0, val=""
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) _repBasic ==> len=144, val=
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    numExDates=0
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    numExDates=0
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) _repExcl ==> len=0, val=""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _repExcl len=0 ""
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) _subType ==> len=2, val="0\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _subType len=2 "0\00"
    Flags: F=7.0000
    TIFPutRecord/0 (item #3) ==> rc=0

-------- ilsdk finished processing a_record_for_export_to_TIF, rc=0, nRc=0, action=19

ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2004_SUBJECT len=18 "Our Board meeting VIP"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _UniqueID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4E48C2D00@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _RecordID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4E48C2D00@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2068_TLM len=17 "01c94eea:e07fb770"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2069_EntryID len=48 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4E48C2 D00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p1.StartDate len=8 "20081202"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p2.StartTime len=6 "100000"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p3.EndDate len=8 "20081202"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p4.EndTime len=6 "163000"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p5.AlarmDate len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p6.AlarmTime len=0 ""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p7.AlarmFlag len=1 "0"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.3 (rc=0) _repBasic ==> len=0, val=""
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.3 (rc=0) p1.StartDate ==> len=9, val="20081202\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.3 (rc=0) p3.EndDate ==> len=9, val="20081202\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) 2004_SUBJECT ==> len=19, val="Our Board meeting VIP"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 21 Description Title len=19 "Our Board meeting VIP"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p5.AlarmDate ==> len=1, val="\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 24 Alarm Date len=1 "\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p6.AlarmTime ==> len=1, val="\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 25 Alarm Time len=1 "\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p1.StartDate ==> len=9, val="20081202\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 26 Start Date len=9 "20081202\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p2.StartTime ==> len=7, val="100000\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 27 Start Time len=7 "100000\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p3.EndDate ==> len=9, val="20081202\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 28 End Date len=9 "20081202\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p4.EndTime ==> len=7, val="163000\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 29 End Time len=7 "163000\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p7.AlarmFlag ==> len=2, val="0\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 36 Alarm Flag len=2 "0\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) _repBasic ==> len=0, val=""
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _repBasic len=0 ""
    TIFPutRecord/0 (item #20) ==> rc=0

-------- ilsdk finished processing a_record_for_export_to_TIF, rc=0, nRc=0, action=19
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2004_SUBJECT len=48 "Frankie's Birthday"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _UniqueID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4C4B42D00@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _RecordID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4C4B42D00@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2068_TLM len=17 "01c97b55:5aaeede0"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2069_EntryID len=48 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4C4B42 D00"
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    rpt.startDate = 22/01/2008 (39467)
    freq=1, numDays=1, day=22, month=1
    numExDates=0
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p1.StartDate len=8 "20080122"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p2.StartTime len=6 "080000"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p3.EndDate len=8 "20080122"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p4.EndTime len=6 "083000"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p5.AlarmDate len=8 "20080119"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p6.AlarmTime len=6 "080000"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) p7.AlarmFlag len=1 "1"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.3 (rc=0) _repBasic ==> len=144, val=
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    numExDates=0
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) 2004_SUBJECT ==> len=49, val="Frankie's Birthday"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 21 Description Title len=49 "Frankie's Birthday"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p5.AlarmDate ==> len=9, val="20080119\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 24 Alarm Date len=9 "20080119\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p6.AlarmTime ==> len=7, val="080000\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 25 Alarm Time len=7 "080000\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p1.StartDate ==> len=9, val="20080122\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 26 Start Date len=9 "20080122\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p2.StartTime ==> len=7, val="080000\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 27 Start Time len=7 "080000\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p3.EndDate ==> len=9, val="20080122\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 28 End Date len=9 "20080122\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p4.EndTime ==> len=7, val="083000\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 29 End Time len=7 "083000\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) p7.AlarmFlag ==> len=2, val="1\00"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 36 Alarm Flag len=2 "1\00"
    ILTIFGetAndCopyField.14 (rc=0) _repBasic ==> len=144, val=
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    numExDates=0
    rpt.type = Yearly (5)
    numExDates=0
    TIFPutRecord/0 (item #21) ==> rc=0

-------- ilsdk starting assembly of a_record_for_export_to_TIF ........... " THIS IS THE CORRUPTED ENTRY"

ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2004_SUBJECT len=35 "Technical Course/ W Henry's training"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _UniqueID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4E4D42D00@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) _RecordID len=57 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4E4D42D00@ d539a637"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2068_TLM len=17 "01c96b45:55ed72b0"
    ILTIFPutField (rc=0) 2069_EntryID len=48 "000000008FC6FB9614B27E4BBCEE76AABA5BDEB4E4D42 D00"

2) The last entry "Technical Course/ W Henry's training" is the corrupted one, you can simply write it aside on a notepad to save it, then delete it and the delete the prior entry "Frankie's Birthday" from your desktop application (Ex: Outlook), or from your Blackberry depending on its location. Then delete the "tif.log" file. And then sync again, it will be up & running.

Sometimes, if you have alot of conflicting entries. After going through the above, you will still get the same error message. So you would need to open the "tif.log" file again and delete the last entry and the one prior, as described above, then delete the file and try to sync again. If you're still getting the same error, then follow the same process"steps 1 & 2", till you delete all the conflicting entries that come up in the "tif.log" file, and you definitely will be able to sync your PIM data successfully.

3) After the sync is successful, please perform "task 5" in the BB knowledge base article.

Hopefully this would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Ayyady
    Last edited by Ayyady; 09-03-10 at 07:59 PM.
    09-03-10 07:49 PM
    For those having this issue, please try the option to reset your syncronization configuration. This may not work for all who are having this issue. However, it will resolve the for many of you. I suggest you run a backup and know your settings before taking this action, as you will need to reconfigure your settings. After reconfiguring your settings you should be able to run a syncronization right away. However, I recommend closing the application and rebooting your laptop/PC. When you run the first Sync after the reconfiguration you will be shown conflicts between your PC and your device. You will be able to go through each calander entry individually or you can choose the check box to repeat your actions for all conflicts (i.e. let the PC calander win or let the device calandar win). This should provide a long term solution for many. The one note I would add: if you are syncronizing your device from different PCs (ex. using the work PC at work and using the family PC at home) then the rise of conflicts will, most likely, be a reoccuring issue for you.

Best of luck to all
    09-20-10 11:26 AM
    Time marches on and still no solution from RIM. I guess they have bigger fish to fry. I tried all the suggested solutions for this problem. Some worked temporarily, but problem always returned. My final solution was to delete all calendar entries that weren't required from MS Outlook.
    10-02-10 03:29 PM
    I have the same problem but only after upgrading to Microsoft Office 2010. It does not work with Desktop Manager 6. I have emailed RIM today about the glitch but they have not got back to me yet.
    10-13-10 07:12 PM
    I've got DM 6 running on two separate machines: a Windows XP box and a Windows 7 64-Bit box. Both are running GroupWise 8.02 and DM on both machines crashes when trying to sync their calendars. I've tried all of solutions posted above and none have worked.

All I'm trying to do is sync the calendars, nothing else! Both machines worked fine until updating to DM 6!
    11-01-10 03:16 PM
    I've got DM 6 running on two separate machines: a Windows XP box and a Windows 7 64-Bit box. Both are running GroupWise 8.02 and DM on both machines crashes when trying to sync their calendars. I've tried all of solutions posted above and none have worked.

All I'm trying to do is sync the calendars, nothing else! Both machines worked fine until updating to DM 6!

My friend,

If you try the resolution offered by myself, and still getting the same error message, this means, you still have invalid entries on your phone/pc application.

If you perform the tasks of synchronizing then checking the tiff log to know the invalid entry, and keep repeating this step till the sync is successfull.

I was with a customer yesterday who just bought the new BB Style, and was getting this error. After 11 times of redoing the process of syncing then checking the tiff logg tto know the entry that is causing the fail then deleting it, it took us 70 minutes but it was successful in the end .

Hope this helps you fixing it

Kind regards,

Ayyady
    11-07-10 03:21 PM
    I was able to get this method to work, but it was not as straightforward interpreting the tif.log file as Ayyady suggests. My sync didn't fail conveniently in the part of the log file displayed in his post. All of the "ilsdk starting assembly of a_record_for_export_to_TIF" entries were followed by a successful "ilsdk finished processing a_record_for_export_to_TIF", i.e., they all appeared to finish successfully, so there was no smoking gun.

However, since I had determined this was failing in my Calendar sync, I found the last entry in the log file that had "LTIFGetAndCopyField.63 (rc=0) 26 Start Date ==>" -- which occurred much later in the file, after thousands of rows that just said "Skip&DontLog". I looked at the Description for that entry, located that calendar item in Outlook, and deleted it. Lather, rinse, repeat (about 8 times in all).

Interesting, the culprits turned out to be all of the exceptions in a recurring meeting series that I was invited to. Once I removed all of the exception appointments, the sync finally worked. (Now all I have to do is recreate all of them, or get the meeting organizer to resend them. Huge pain in the rear!! RIM should really fix this!!!)

--Sam
    01-11-11 03:15 PM
    Did you ever get a resolution to this issue.
    I too am getting the same message.
    On Storm 2 9550, using 601_b021_multilanguage and GroupWise 8.
    Also got it when using Storm 9350.
    Any help you would provide is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    03-18-11 12:45 PM
    I can even get thru the configuration step without getting the...Operation Terminated Unexpectedly error!
    03-18-11 04:00 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD