07-04-11 05:16 PM
195 ... 34567 ...
tools
    i couldn't agree more i told EVERYONE to get a playbook, only to be laughed at by people because it didn't have email functionality, and all but one of my friends has switched from blackberry to ios or android. i think if rim's customers get lazy and stop screaming for more, then they'll be lazy again. kudos to them for the effort, now it's time to produce. these scenarios were presented to them years ago, and they scoffed at it. everyone is to blame, i'm not going to do anything other than comment on what i see. if blackberry releases a stellar phone it will be acknowledged as such. let me know if i say things that aren't true, otherwise it's simply objective, and is that ever bad?
    Everything you say is subjective and often condescending in tone. You tend to take your opinion as fact. My playbook has replaced my home computer for 90% of my tasks. If I were to listen to your objectivity then I would have to believe that wasn't true...but it is...for me...not you. You seem to think truth is synonymous with your opinion.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-30-11 10:03 PM
    OK, time outs for katiepea and d_march. Just kidding but really give it a break for awhile and maybe someone will answer my question if it's not all ready buried.
    06-30-11 10:06 PM
    no, as i stated earlier i think the playbook is great, take away your blackberry phone though, and without bridge would it still replace the computer?
    06-30-11 10:07 PM
    OK, time outs for katiepea and d_march. Just kidding but really give it a break for awhile and maybe someone will answer my question if it's not all ready buried.
    it's my belief that QNX developers are still there and RIM is likely in charge of development for their platform

Research In Motion to Acquire QNX Software Systems from Harman International

considering qnx is more than just blackberry, i wonder how focused the effort really is
    06-30-11 10:09 PM
    Sorry, I missed the question and katiepea you are right the bridge is a great addition. But native email and calendar are very much needed asap.
    06-30-11 10:09 PM
    i take a lot of heat for saying very similar things in my posts. it isn't to troll, this mentality even exists amongst it's customers. even though i've switched to android i still want RIM to thrive, it only benefits everyone. RIM failing does no one any good except google/apple's wallets, and those companies are just fine. despite the economic impact of RIM failing competition is the best thing you can have in this industry. that said, it's time everyone start cracking the whip, RIM cannot afford to keep failing, it's lazy for consumers and enthusiasts to sit around and boast about how RIM is "just fine" and "they've got $3,000,000,000 in the bank. folks, that won't last long, they won't flop around until it's gone, if they don't get QNX out on phones with success they'll be for sale in a hot minute. i don't say negative things for no reason, things need to change from every aspect. and customers turning on them is the best thing that can happen to them, look where they are, do you think QNX would even have been acquired if people didn't start bailing? demand better from your brand, there's nothing wrong with loving blackberry and still saying ...

to me the most sad part of this letter is the timing, in a period where RIM absolutely is make or break, someone in the upper ranks doesn't think things are moving properly, and must be really really bad for this letter to have been released.

with this situation it truly is dire, they have to work flawlessly and promptly, that latest nielson graphs:

In US, Smartphones Now Majority of New Cellphone Purchases | Nielsen Wire
    6% of smartphone purchases are blackberry... 6%! abysmal
    I got banned for a month for posting exactly what is in this letter. People didn't believe Palm would fail, but it did. Some people don't believe RIM will fail, but if they don't change...they will.
    06-30-11 10:17 PM
    I am sorry but if someone writes a letter like that and doesn't have the balls to sign it- I wouldn't give it any validity at all. And this person is a high ranking RIM employee???? What does he do- clean the toilets in the pent house? And giving the info to BGR- Geller in particular. BS.
    Yes there are problems - yes they are working on them-give them a chance and not create these sideshows that they have to take the time to deal with. Let them get on with the business of getting out the new devices!
    BTW - I think Jobs is writing to BGR tomorrow----a check! lol
    grover5 likes this.
    06-30-11 10:19 PM
    I got banned for a month for posting exactly what is in this letter. People didn't believe Palm would fail, but it did. Some people don't believe RIM will fail, but if they don't change...they will.
    truth hurts, and there's a huge amount of loyalty around here, i was a palm enthusiast as well, i watched the forums turn into...well this.. it's eerily similar, i do think RIM is in a better position than palm, if they don't make any more mistakes. they have to be flawless now, but discouraging truth on these forums is a bad step.

i don't care if people are talking about how much they love blackberry or hate it, i've been here years, we all have the right to speak as much as anyone else, editing people opinions is definitely sorry, and pathetic, i'd hate to think that giving your opinion gets you banned, unless you were clearly trolling.
    06-30-11 10:24 PM
    OK, new plan for RIM drop the price of the playbook by $100, sell more attract developers and bribe them like Jobs did. Surprise everyone and get the playbook OS complete and announce the bold touch now is coming with QNX on it.

Too bad that isn't so easy..... for them.
    06-30-11 10:25 PM
    I am sorry but if someone writes a letter like that and doesn't have the balls to sign it- I wouldn't give it any validity at all. And this person is a high ranking RIM employee???? What does he do- clean the toilets in the pent house? And giving the info to BGR- Geller in particular. BS.
    Yes there are problems - yes they are working on them-give them a chance and not create these sideshows that they have to take the time to deal with. Let them get on with the business of getting out the new devices!
    BTW - I think Jobs is writing to BGR tomorrow----a check! lol
    wait till tomorrow i guess, geller is releasing 2 more letters, and i have a hard time believing that RIM would respond if it was nonsense, not to mention CNBC inviting him to talk on air about the letters.
    06-30-11 10:26 PM
    Dang internet is crapping on me tonight....................double posted dang comcast or maybe it's crackberry?
    06-30-11 10:27 PM
    wait till tomorrow i guess, geller is releasing 2 more letters, and i have a hard time believing that RIM would respond if it was nonsense, not to mention CNBC inviting him to talk on air about the letters.
    RIM is news right now- why wouldn't CNBC invite him on to talk when they saw what he posted? The letter wasn't signed- it could be anyone- I doubt that Geller gave them the name, just vouched for this "person". And the 2 more? If they are signed- maybe I will believe.
    However- I worked in many different places and there are disgruntled employees everywhere. Just because he may have a few points doesn't mean he ever tried to make those points to his employees. Those people usually just walk around grumbling about how bad they have it. I am very sceptical!
    06-30-11 10:35 PM
    i smell Bs. Wonder how much iBGR was paid for this
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-30-11 10:39 PM
    Yep, it's a big bad conspiracy to make RIM look bad - because they aren't doing it all by themselves.

I will back up Katiepea on the battery fallacy Tonis tried to pass off. I got 12-18 hours battery on moderate to heavy use with my Desire Z. 18-27 hours moderate to heavy use on my Galaxy S. I am on hour 27 with my iPhone and battery is at 72%. That was with allowing customers to demo on my phone all day long at work.
    06-30-11 10:47 PM
    Wow those sound magical phones, you must have got 20 days outta a berry if you ever owned one.
    06-30-11 10:50 PM
    Wow those sound magical phones, you must have got 20 days outta a berry if you ever owned one.
    I have posted screenshots to verify the SGS - I no longer have the Desire Z.

I got 4-5 days out of my Pearl and Curve. 20-24 hours out of my Storm.

But believe what you want - you always do.
    06-30-11 10:51 PM
  17. T
    Yep, it's a big bad conspiracy to make RIM look bad - because they aren't doing it all by themselves.

I will back up Katiepea on the battery fallacy Tonis tried to pass off. I got 12-18 hours battery on moderate to heavy use with my Desire Z. 18-27 hours moderate to heavy use on my Galaxy S. I am on hour 27 with my iPhone and battery is at 72%. That was with allowing customers to demo on my phone all day long at work.
    Well, I had nothing to say about the battery before, but I will say now that those numbers sound ridiculous. It walks on water AND it's battery lasts for 40 hours at full bore!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 10:52 PM
    That's right cause I'm me, actually I said that cause I always see even owners of androids state how bad battery life is.
    06-30-11 10:53 PM

No doubt. It is well documented that the galaxy s gets 2 days and the iphone 4 gets 4 days with heavy use. I don't get why this is so under reported. My G2 was on hour 98 earlier after I finished my drive from NYC to Hilton Head on half a tank of gas in my Hummer. People just don't see the truth sometimes.
    06-30-11 10:54 PM
    The ignorance some people show about other phones and battery life is hilarious. The iphone 4 is amazing with what it can do and its battery life. I have gotten 50 hours of use on my incredible before.

Prepares to see the "OMG you lie! Only a BB can last more than a day." posts now
    reeneebob and brucep1 like this.
    06-30-11 11:00 PM
    Oh, some Androids have awful battery life, absolutely, kbz1960 (and in truth my snark was directed more at Tonis, his response is more of the same from him). Towards the end I wasn't running stock, I had a custom ROM, with stock I was getting 14-18 hours with the same use. The Darky rom I used had most people getting a day to 3 days out of the battery. I didn't need the custom ROM to get good battery life, though. I was happy with it as it was. I just wanted Gingerbread.

Tonis - you have proven yourself time and again to be a blatant kool aid drinker of all things RIM. You discount anything you don't want to hear, so believe what you will and carry on as usual. RIM could release a phone that exploded in your pocket and you would think it's an important feature that makes it much better than all other phones.

The fact that RIM made a statement in response to this open letter shows they took it seriously. Maybe you should look at that and wonder what in the **** Saint Mike and Jim are thinking?

Look, I sell cell phones for a living. In the last week I have sold more BB's than iPhone or Android. You know why? With the exception of 2 Torches, the rest were for 12-18 year olds that their parents were buying them a phone and they wanted the cheapest smartphone around. 2 of them asked me if RIM would still be around to support the phone if they break in the next year.

RIM needs to fix itself, and fast.
    mrsadkins9399 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:03 PM
    The ignorance some people show about other phones and battery life is hilarious. The iphone 4 is amazing with what it can do and its battery life. I have gotten 50 hours of use on my incredible before.

Prepares to see the "OMG you lie! Only a BB can last more than a day." posts now
    I agree! I been using an incredible 2 since its release and it actually has a longer battery life than my bb9650! Very very happy with it so far! ZERO problems! Haven't said that about a device in a long long time

Sent from my DINC2 using tapatalk
    06-30-11 11:05 PM
    Actually I am surprised that some people didn't claim that the Mike and Jim on the conference call were fakes planted by iPhone users and BGR to make RIM look bad. Heh.
    mrsadkins9399 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:05 PM

I have owned the G2, Galaxy S Vibrant, Mytouch 4G and the HD7. I get that sometimes folks are unfair about battery life. But there is no way in **** a Galaxy S pushed 2 days and I call BS on the iphone 4 with heavy use only using a quarter of the battery after a full day. Good for you if you are getting those numbers but please realize you are not the norm.
    06-30-11 11:07 PM
    OMG you lie, j/k. If you say it's so it must be, like I said I always see even owners say they need extra or extended batteries. I can probably get 100 hours out of my tour if I never use it as a phone and turn it off every time I'm not using it LOL, I kid again.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:07 PM
195 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD