07-04-11 05:16 PM
195 12345 ...
tools
    This is a forum, not a cable channel aimed at investors, and you're anonymous. The differences matter.
    Dude, like you I agree that BGR is the epitome of journalistic integrity. Jonathan Geller is my hero too. Rock on bro.
    06-30-11 06:30 PM
    Publicly responding to it would be the worst thing they could do, so they'll never do it. A response would kill investor relations because regardless what they say, it would make them look bad just publicly recognizing it.

The best you can hope for is they take action to correct the issues, and only time will tell.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
    06-30-11 06:33 PM
  3. T
    The letter is malicious propaganda.
    BGR ...

1) Focus on the End User experience

Lets obsess about what is best for the end user. We often make product decisions based on strategic alignment, partner requests or even legal advice the end user doesnt care. We simply have to admit that Apple is nailing this and it is one of the reasons they have people lining up overnight at stores around the world, and products sold out for months. These people arent hypnotized zombies, they simply love beautifully designed products that are user centric and work how they are supposed to work.
    Total BS. I'm an end user and appreciate decisions made pursuant to solid legal advice; I get a better product because of it. Oh, and the people buying Apple stuff are zombies.

My mother wants an iPad and iPhone because it is simple and appeals to her. Powerful multitasking doesnt.
    Who cares what this guy's mother wants? Sounds like he wants to "emasculate" corporate North America, lol. Productive North America (i.e. BlackBerry's end user) is still into powerful multitasking and isn't demanding decisions based upon what consumer "facebooking" moms want and would do.
    06-30-11 06:39 PM
    Dude, like you I agree that BGR is the epitome of journalistic integrity. Jonathan Geller is my hero too. Rock on bro.
    It has nothing to do with "journalistic integrity." For one, BGR isn't "journalism." Two, broadcasting something on a cable channel full of investors is entirely different from a two line post on a forum under an anonymous handle. If you can't appreciate these differences then you should probably avoid sharp objects.
    06-30-11 06:44 PM
    The letter is malicious propaganda.

Total BS. I'm an end user and appreciate decisions made pursuant to solid legal advice; I get a better product because of it. Oh, and the people buying Apple stuff are zombies.

Who cares what this guy's mother wants? Sounds like he wants to "emasculate" corporate North America, lol. Productive North America (i.e. BlackBerry's end user) is still into powerful multitasking and isn't demanding decisions based upon what consumer "facebooking" moms want and would do.
    "Productive North America". . . hilarious.
    06-30-11 06:47 PM
    "Productive North America". . . hilarious.
    hilarious indeed, insinuating that blackberry users are the only ones getting anything done, or that blackberry is the only enterprise solution is delusional. if i owned RIMM stock and had a blackberry and android and iphone sitting on my desk, guess which device i wouldn't grasp for to sell quickly.
    06-30-11 07:07 PM
  7. T
    ... if i owned RIMM stock and had a blackberry and android and iphone sitting on my desk, guess which device i wouldn't grasp for to sell quickly.
    Well, I wouldn't grab the one with "angry birds" on the screen; it's battery is probably dead, and it might drop the call. And I wouldn't grab the one with all the reported security breaches; its call quality has also been reported to be poor, and it's battery is also probably close to dead. So, that would leave my Bold 9650 with no camera to get the job done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tnis; 06-30-11 at 07:24 PM.
    06-30-11 07:21 PM
    lol what? so now you think blackberry is more secure? you do realize that blackberry was hacked in 15 minutes in pwn2own right? it isn't any more secure than anything else. jesus christ.
    Hankster likes this.
    06-30-11 07:28 PM
    Looks like those letters will be posted on BGR tomorrow.
    Has he said anything else? Will be interesting to see what those letters have to say. BGR did put an ask for anymore letters from RIM employees at the bottom of their original blog post.
    06-30-11 07:37 PM
    I really like how I supossed high ranking employee of RIM can't spell organizational. I mean really? You want me to believe all this stuff, and you can't spell? Nice try BGR, but in my opinion, FAIL.

maddie1128 likes this.
    06-30-11 08:03 PM
    I really like how I supossed high ranking employee of RIM can't spell organizational. I mean really? You want me to believe all this stuff, and you can't spell? Nice try BGR, but in my opinion, FAIL.

this is your nit picking to it's validity? are you serious? nobody is really even debating whether or not it's real at this point. my god, the level of conspiracy and denial around here the last year is mind blowing HE WAS ON CNBC, don't you think they fact check?
    brucep1 likes this.
    06-30-11 08:08 PM
    Will the real letter writer please stand up

Wouldn't said employee be protected by the retaliation act?
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-30-11 08:11 PM
    this is your nit picking to it's validity? are you serious? nobody is really even debating whether or not it's real at this point. my god, the level of conspiracy and denial around here the last year is mind blowing HE WAS ON CNBC, don't you think they fact check?
    Fact check? Fact check what exactly? It is an anonymous letter.
    06-30-11 08:14 PM
    Who was on CNBC the anonymous letter writer?
    06-30-11 08:17 PM
    lol too funny whoever you are.
    06-30-11 08:19 PM
    It was a ghost...probably ML.
    06-30-11 08:21 PM
    I have to agree on every point the exec made, and pray that someone with vision takes the reins. They've acquired some great companies in the past couple years, only to stiffle their innovation, making RIM weaker, instead of stronger. It was evident in my recent dealings with their software team the inability to admit a problem, or be creative enough to develop a solution. The RIM response was no response at all, but rather a cliffnotes view of the company, through rose colored glasses. QNX needs to become RIM, and they need a firm like ASUS badly.
    kbz1960 and infamyx like this.
    06-30-11 08:24 PM
    Wow, he/she got deleted quick lol.
    06-30-11 08:24 PM
    Who was on CNBC the anonymous letter writer?
    News Headlines

06-30-11 08:25 PM
    Awww, can't thank or like a mods post? I do agree with a lot of the letter and what BigBadWolf says. I go away and come back to thread and now I can thank or like the post. Crazy laptop and it isn't even made by RIM.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-30-11 at 08:28 PM. Reason: dang
    06-30-11 08:26 PM
    Oh you said He.
    06-30-11 08:27 PM
    lol what? so now you think blackberry is more secure? you do realize that blackberry was hacked in 15 minutes in pwn2own right? it isn't any more secure than anything else. jesus christ.
    Wow. It took them that long? That's with the device in hand. Poor form. It took 20 seconds for the iphone to be hacked at pwn2own. I'm not sure about andriod handsets though. I'd assume it took them roughly the same time as the iPhone.

06-30-11 09:09 PM
  23. T
    Ridiculously misleading. My BlackBerry's javascript is off, therefore my BlackBerry is not vulnerable to that publicized attack. BlackBerry is much more secure than iPhone and Android.

From the BlackBerry Knowledge Base:

"Users of BlackBerry Device Software version 6.0 and later can disable the use of JavaScript in the BlackBerry Browser to prevent exploitation of the vulnerability. The issue is not in JavaScript but the use of JavaScript is necessary to exploit the vulnerability.

Important: Turning off JavaScript may impact the ability to view web pages, or result in a diminished browsing experience. " (This last part, no big deal.)
    Last edited by Tnis; 06-30-11 at 09:18 PM.
    06-30-11 09:14 PM
    is anyone really all that concerned with security? is that the top notch feature? android and iphone both offer enterprise level options and most security flaws are at the fault of the user. i'll take options/freedom over security any day. had android for a few years now and i haven't had 1 security issue with it.
    Hankster likes this.
    06-30-11 09:19 PM
    Ridiculously misleading. My BlackBerry's javascript is off, therefore my BlackBerry is not vulnerable to that publicized attack. BlackBerry is much more secure than iPhone and Android.

From the BlackBerry Knowledge Base:

"Users of BlackBerry Device Software version 6.0 and later can disable the use of JavaScript in the BlackBerry Browser to prevent exploitation of the vulnerability. The issue is not in JavaScript but the use of JavaScript is necessary to exploit the vulnerability.

Important: Turning off JavaScript may impact the ability to view web pages, or result in a diminished browsing experience. " (This last part, no big deal.)
    yeah i'd say if you're die hard blackberry web browsing certainly isn't a priority.
    06-30-11 09:19 PM
195 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD