07-11-11 06:01 PM
265 ... 91011
tools
    An android friend of mine was flying back from New York a while ago via London, once he got to london the vulcano ash closed the airport, his charger in his main bag, next flight 2 days later.

Your car can do 5-600 miles on one tank but there's a gas station every 10 miles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's amazing that in this story the thing that concerns you most is the battery life of your "Android" friend's cell phone.
    07-08-11 08:04 PM
    fair enough, figured i'd humor you, i left the phone unplugged while i slept so i could screenshot
    Awesome! That's certainly a lot better than I ever got on my Atrix!!! I'm sure now that I picked the wrong device to try out Android. Had this device been an option I probably wouldn't have been as disappointed.....
    Thank you for posting this. Your Android device certainly did a lot better than my Atrix...
    07-08-11 08:47 PM
    The only things RIM has done wrong so far are as follows:

1. Omitted the "Do Not Disturb" feature in newer os's and devices

2. Included some open source

Even with these small disappointments, I'm still not predicting the demise of RIM, calling for a "management shakeup," or using other corny buzzwords like "market share" in every post I make on crackberry.

***Posted securely without any android lag from my BlackBerry***

Oh yeah and no netflix for users I love rim but my dad has an android come on now blackberry we need some fun apps on the bb app world catch up cause I wanna watch movies at work and it is making me angry that bb doesn't get together and find a big draw cough cough netflix cough that will get more people to come over to the darkside so to speak yo have it for tablets now create it for the phones please here is how the market works with bb devices apple let's get netflix to get more customers ok android people use netflix and apple developed an app let's make one too ok rim why do we need to make an app for netflix let's just say we may get an app for netflix and have people forget about it that sounds genius announce something than hope people will forget about it ok well instead of buying a drink with my bb I want to watch movies on my phone dammit and good idea w bbm let's let people join groups awesome but you do all the work and have to find and connect with people yourself so I wish there were a way to meet up with bb users in your area and have a fun time those are basically all my qualms about the bb what I like is the updated trackpad the price of the phones the battery life is ok just make sure you have a charger handy and then I like the recognition they get in songs so that's nice but I would love this device if they had netflix so until then its just meh I have a blackberry after they get an app I will say watch this nf oh **** yeah and I can buy that soda for you on my bb scan bb awwwww yeah

07-09-11 08:53 PM
    Awesome! That's certainly a lot better than I ever got on my Atrix!!! I'm sure now that I picked the wrong device to try out Android. Had this device been an option I probably wouldn't have been as disappointed.....
    Thank you for posting this. Your Android device certainly did a lot better than my Atrix...
    That's not too bad after 5 hours of pandora from a full charge my bb will die and I get pissed cause it drops the cell signal for the service I so I have a run down clock woohoo but if I leave it off the charger all day it dies without doing anything other than short phone calls and little texting

07-09-11 08:59 PM
    And he didn't get his baggage back? When the airport was closed, the plane couldn't have left. Usually, when that happens airlines return the baggage or people are allowed to access them.
    Yes, they did return the baggage but much later at the hotel.
    07-10-11 03:24 AM
  6. T
    Did a test yesterday. BlackBerry was unplugged at 7:30am, and the radio shut off for lack of battery power by 12:30am. That's 17 hours of moderate to heavy data usage. I was on wifi most of the time, and I talked on the phone less than usual (maybe only about an hour all day).

07-10-11 08:13 AM
    Pretty sure they sell chargers for about $10 at the airport. Give it up, mate, it's starting to sound like you're obsessed.
    Oh they do.... usually in "Departures". The probability of finding anything more than machine-coffee in the international arrivals side of most European airports is on the wrong side of zero. Security takes priority over everything else and the aim is to get the travellers through passports and customs, and out of the secure area as soon as possible.

Face the facts, each user has individual requirements for a phone, and different patterns of use (and signal quality) can make a huge difference to battery life. I have seen a phone which usually had enough for 2 days between charges go from full charge to low battery shutdown in 4 hours when challenged by intermittent radio signals on a roaming network.

Personally... I have never been so glad to see poor battery life push Android users to come back to BlackBerry
    07-10-11 11:52 AM
    Oh yeah and no netflix for users I love rim but my dad has an android come on now blackberry we need some fun apps on the bb app world catch up cause I wanna watch movies at work and it is making me angry that bb doesn't get together and find a big draw cough cough netflix cough that will get more people to come over to the darkside so to speak yo have it for tablets now create it for the phones please here is how the market works with bb devices apple let's get netflix to get more customers ok android people use netflix and apple developed an app let's make one too ok rim why do we need to make an app for netflix let's just say we may get an app for netflix and have people forget about it that sounds genius announce something than hope people will forget about it ok well instead of buying a drink with my bb I want to watch movies on my phone dammit and good idea w bbm let's let people join groups awesome but you do all the work and have to find and connect with people yourself so I wish there were a way to meet up with bb users in your area and have a fun time those are basically all my qualms about the bb what I like is the updated trackpad the price of the phones the battery life is ok just make sure you have a charger handy and then I like the recognition they get in songs so that's nice but I would love this device if they had netflix so until then its just meh I have a blackberry after they get an app I will say watch this nf oh **** yeah and I can buy that soda for you on my bb scan bb awwwww yeah

Hope your employer doesn't know your name on here and comes here LOL.
    07-10-11 12:15 PM
    for everyone that wants to be under the delusion that RIM is still "growing" exponentially, might want to read this
    07-11-11 05:25 PM
    for everyone that wants to be under the delusion that RIM is still "growing" exponentially, might want to read this
    How long did it take you to find that? Sounds to me like you're becoming a real blackberry hater.

PS your article is only referring to stocks which has nothing to do with "growth"

07-11-11 05:37 PM
    It was a headline in my news feeds, and yes a companies stock futures is a direct representation of their market growth

As far as hating BlackBerry.. well, I didn't write the article just shared it

07-11-11 05:40 PM
    It was a headline in my news feeds, and yes a companies stock futures is a direct representation of their market growth

Hardly, their profits went down 10% but the shares fell by 60%, where's the correlation there?

07-11-11 05:42 PM
    Katie please give it up and go post in the forums of the devices you like or is it your job to constantly post bad things/thoughts about RIM?
    07-11-11 05:57 PM
    Katie please give it up and go post in the forums of the devices you like or is it your job to constantly post bad things/thoughts about RIM?
    sorry, from now on i'll only post good things about what's going on at RIM, see you guys never.
    07-11-11 05:59 PM
    sorry, from now on i'll only post good things about what's going on at RIM, see you guys never.
    No need for that we all know they have problems right now. I was suggesting you post nice things in the sections for the devices and companies that you love.
    07-11-11 06:01 PM
265 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD