07-11-11 05:01 PM
265 ... 891011
tools
    C'MON GUYS!!!! Life is GOOD!!!!

Life well, laugh often, love deeply!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 10:11 AM
    yup - specific to bbm. Bypasses bes. Always encrypted.

Hee, hee....you know a mod's going to be called here any minute! Pk's going to be upset!

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    07-08-11 10:18 AM
    What I said was simply that your point was not proven. It wasn't. No math or projections would have been needed had the screenshot been taken at 20 hours showing the usage.
    The reason I asked is because I had a very disappointing experience with the Atrix I got. REALLY excited about it. Paid straight for it only to find that it did not get me through the day while on the network. So based on my experience when you said 20 hours I was incredulous. Natural response.
    I wish you had gone the 20 hours. I also wonder about your definition of heavy use against mine.
    But really, since you did not go the full 20 hours, your point was not proven.
    fair enough, figured i'd humor you, i left the phone unplugged while i slept so i could screenshot
    _StephenBB81 likes this.
    07-08-11 01:24 PM
    fair enough, figured i'd humor you, i left the phone unplugged while i slept so i could screenshot
    Very good, how about showing us your usage screen?
    07-08-11 01:55 PM
    Very good, how about showing us your usage screen?
    i plugged it in as it was about to die, had about 5.5 hours of usage (screen on) and 2.3 hours of voicecalls(screen off) wifi was on most of the time
    07-08-11 02:07 PM
    i plugged it in as it was about to die, had about 5.5 hours of usage (screen on) and 2.3 hours of voicecalls(screen off) wifi was on most of the time
    certainly not terrible battery life

8 hours of usage 13 hours or so of Standby.

wouldn't classify it as great, but not terrible either!
    07-08-11 02:12 PM
    not like my 9000 used to see, but i was charging it every night anyway so..
    07-08-11 02:14 PM
    Ok, not to be picky and take away from a decent enough battery life, but judging from what you said in a previous post, since you've had wifi on most of the time it means two things:

1. You haven't changed your location much-one of the biggest battery killers is constantly moving and wifi actually increases the battery life
    2. Your signal was changed to 2G

Would I be correct on my assumptions?

07-08-11 02:35 PM
    yes wifi was off for about 5 hours, and on for the rest of the time
    07-08-11 02:52 PM
    That explains your longer battery life. What you have is not a normal use for a mobile phone. My BB would be at the other extreme, I travel 100-300 miles daily and constantly change from 3G to 2G and back.

The bold 9000 would last 1 day on 3G and 3 days on 2G.

07-08-11 03:02 PM
    yeah if wifi had been off and i was on 4g it would have died around 18-20 hours, i have a lot of profiling set up to change things depending on what i'm doing, if i was travelling like you my radio and syncs would automatically adjust for best battery life, 2g until i was using data, screen brightness, syncs off...etc
    07-08-11 03:21 PM
    yeah if wifi had been off and i was on 4g it would have died around 18-20 hours, i have a lot of profiling set up to change things depending on what i'm doing, if i was travelling like you my radio and syncs would automatically adjust for best battery life, 2g until i was using data, screen brightness, syncs off...etc
    You call it profiling, I would call it restricting your powerfull device to make it home before the battery runs out.

07-08-11 03:28 PM
    Hmm, well its profiling, as its done automatically,and as stated by others here bbs do similar things, you make it sound like its cheating or something, nothing wrong with maximizing battery life, its not limiting my device or restricting it, its minimizing power usage unless I need it do you have Bluetooth and GPS and screen brightness up 100% of the time? Or just when you need it

Last edited by katiepea; 07-08-11 at 03:36 PM.
    07-08-11 03:30 PM
    Hmm, well its profiling, as its done automatically,and as stated by others here bbs do similar things, you make it sound like its cheating or something, nothing wrong with maximizing battery life, its not limiting my device or restricting it, its minimizing power usage unless I need it

Yes, some of us BB users do it too except I switch to 2G when I go away for a long weekend and don't want to bring the charger, not to make sure it lasts a day. I've had my spare 9700 active but on standby as a back up(silently getting work emails) last in my car for almost 2 weeks on one charge.

07-08-11 03:36 PM
    Yes all phones can last weeks on standby, but now you are arguing that 18 hours doesn't last the day? The screenshot shows 24 hours, if I turn profiling off I get 18, that is plenty in anyone's book, most people charge every night because why wouldn't you, it isn't good for the health of the battery not to charge it nightly

When the 4g bbs come out soon people will be doing the same thing to conserve battery life

Last edited by katiepea; 07-08-11 at 03:43 PM.
    07-08-11 03:40 PM
    Yes all phones can last weeks on standby, but now you are arguing that 18 hours doesn't last the day? The screenshot shows 24 hours, if I turn profiling off I get 18, that is plenty in anyone's book, most people charge every night because why wouldn't you, it isn't good for the health of the battery not to charge it nightly

When the 4g bbs come out soon people will be doing the same thing to conserve battery life

I charge every night too as I depend on my BB for may livelihood plus I love bedside mode, your phone might last you 18 hours but the way I use it it would last me 8 hours or less, I rack up 30 minutes of browser usage before I leave for work followed by 1 hour of podcast streamed via bluetooth stereo to my car. Until 6pm my bold will stay actively connected to my bluetooth handfree.

Edit- going by your screenshot, you cell standby and phone idle combined 16% battery usage, your phone will not last on standby even a week, more like 5 days really.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 07-08-11 at 04:11 PM.
    07-08-11 03:52 PM
    OMG its never frakking good enough. Please give it a rest, she made it 24 hours on a full charge. Its not as good as a BB but its not bad either. Certainly not like some people make it out to saying androids only go 12 hours. I used the same "profiling" on my storm 2 to make it last longer too. who wouldnt!

Whats awesome is the ability to set that all up with an app. A couple of them exist on android and i know a few for BB to. All i have on my phone is to turn wifi on when i get in the range of a known wifi connection, it will switch from 4G/3G to wifi for me. Its nice not having to worry about manually switching over.
    katiepea, kbz1960 and kevinnugent like this.
    07-08-11 04:57 PM
    OMG its never frakking good enough. Please give it a rest, she made it 24 hours on a full charge. Its not as good as a BB but its not bad either.
    Who said it wasn't good enough? All he's asking is that the usage be specifically documented by the engineering firm Failure Analysis, along with a video of the actual usage and a sworn affidavit stating that at no point within the last 24 hours was the device plugged into the wall. If all that is done, it will be good enough. Maybe.
    katiepea and howarmat like this.
    07-08-11 05:11 PM
    OMG its never frakking good enough. Please give it a rest, she made it 24 hours on a full charge. Its not as good as a BB but its not bad either. Certainly not like some people make it out to saying androids only go 12 hours. I used the same "profiling" on my storm 2 to make it last longer too. who wouldnt!

Whats awesome is the ability to set that all up with an app. A couple of them exist on android and i know a few for BB to. All i have on my phone is to turn wifi on when i get in the range of a known wifi connection, it will switch from 4G/3G to wifi for me. Its nice not having to worry about manually switching over.
    Not good enough for me, and yes, Storm2 was just as bad, I went trough 2 fully charged batteries one day before i got home from work.
    07-08-11 05:17 PM
    hahahaha, yeah pretty much, i will say however that those battery graphs reset as soon as you plug it into a wall, they start when it comes off the charger so maybe that helps for future references.
    07-08-11 05:17 PM
    Not good enough for me, and yes, Storm2 was just as bad, I went trough 2 fully charged batteries one day before i got home from work.
    pics or it didn't happen, 24 hours isn't good enough for this guy, he goes on 3 day walkabouts every 12 hours where there is no electricity
    07-08-11 05:20 PM
    pics or it didn't happen
    I started a thread about it at the time, feel free to search for it

Here it is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-storm2-f145/im-starting-think-storm-2-not-fit-porpouse-business-device-435276/

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 07-08-11 at 05:42 PM.
    07-08-11 05:21 PM
    pics or it didn't happen, 24 hours isn't good enough for this guy, he goes on 3 day walkabouts every 12 hours where there is no electricity
    An android friend of mine was flying back from New York a while ago via London, once he got to london the vulcano ash closed the airport, his charger in his main bag, next flight 2 days later.

Your car can do 5-600 miles on one tank but there's a gas station every 10 miles.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 07-08-11 at 05:29 PM.
    07-08-11 05:25 PM
    Pretty sure they sell chargers for about $10 at the airport. Give it up, mate, it's starting to sound like you're obsessed.
    07-08-11 06:09 PM
    An android friend of mine was flying back from New York a while ago via London, once he got to london the vulcano ash closed the airport, his charger in his main bag, next flight 2 days later.

Your car can do 5-600 miles on one tank but there's a gas station every 10 miles.

And he didn't get his baggage back? When the airport was closed, the plane couldn't have left. Usually, when that happens airlines return the baggage or people are allowed to access them.
    07-08-11 06:51 PM
265 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD