Hey Everyone,
    I use BBM everyday and i love it.
    My main concern is : Lets say i change device. People won't be able to send message to me unless i reinvite each contact. how do you fix that?

Plus lets say someone else changes their cell phone. How do i keep track of their new PIN? isn't there something build-in to help with this??
    01-26-11 10:36 AM
    When I changed devices, I used Desktop Manager Device Switch Wizard. All of my contacts got my new PIN, and I did not have to reinvite anyone. KB16291-How to use the Device Switch Wizard to switch to a new BlackBerry smartphone
    01-26-11 10:40 AM
    One word, "Magic"

If you back up your contacts within BBM options, either on the card or remotely, I believe even a backup with Desktop Manager will do the same, it will automatically change you PIN.

So if you get a new device and use Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager your PIN will automatically be updated in all your BBM contacts lists. Same if you restore a BBM backup when you first run BBM on your new phone.

This will work the same for all your friends if they get a new phone too. The only way that your BBM contacts would know you got a new phone is if you told them (or they are creepy and memorize your PIN).

Like I said, it's magic
    01-26-11 10:42 AM
    One word, "Magic"

If you back up your contacts within BBM options, either on the card or remotely, I believe even a backup with Desktop Manager will do the same, it will automatically change you PIN.

So if you get a new device and use Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager your PIN will automatically be updated in all your BBM contacts lists. Same if you restore a BBM backup when you first run BBM on your new phone.

This will work the same for all your friends if they get a new phone too. The only way that your BBM contacts would know you got a new phone is if you told them (or they are creepy and memorize your PIN).

Like I said, it's magic
    I think this is one of the coolest features about BBM, no need to re-invite people, the PIN changes automatically, it's awesome.

One of the guys I work with got a new handset the other day, and he sent me an e-mail wanting to know how to get his BBM setup. A couple minutes later I sent him a BBM message without having to do anything to his device, it automatically recognized the new PIN and updated accordingly. Cool stuff.
    01-26-11 10:51 AM
    Which phone are you using? With the newest versions of BBM there is an option to automatically backup your contact list to your email or manually to your sd card. Whenever I would wipe/switch devices BBM would automatically load all my contacts(not having to readd them) and most of my groups would reload except sometimes they would get stuck and not load fully.
    01-26-11 10:52 AM
    Which phone are you using? With the newest versions of BBM there is an option to automatically backup your contact list to your email or manually to your sd card. Whenever I would wipe/switch devices BBM would automatically load all my contacts(not having to readd them) and most of my groups would reload except sometimes they would get stuck and not load fully.
    You can set it to automatically backup to sd card not just manually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 09:04 PM
    If you have backup your contacts the device switch wizard would be the quickest way to make the switch.
    01-26-11 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD