12-30-11 10:51 AM
31 12
tools
    had the same problem, I wonder if the same issue will exist for 9900 and the 9850/60 torch with att, maybe a lil article should be posted in news so others know of this problem
    08-28-11 01:09 PM
    Same thing happened to me.

I upgraded in August. Got home and waited 3 hours for data to kick in. I log onto ATT and I have not data plan. What's the deal? Anyway they hook me up on 2GB/mo and did not tell me that I could be grandfathered in for the Unlimited Enterprise Data plan (been a BES unlimited customer since 2007).

So when I finally call CS, they told me they could not switch me back (because I went beyond the 90 day window). I had to spend hours with them and finally asked for a copy of their policy. When they couldn't produce, I also asked to speak to the supervisor's supervisor's boss. I just kept asking to go up the chain until they could turn my Unlimited back on....

Finally, they called me back and re-activated my Unlmited. And then I get an email from Activation Server that my BIS works... which is funny because it was working all along.
    12-15-11 05:21 PM
    The tech this time told me that the 9810 was not permissioned for unlimited data.
    That's completely untrue.

They want you on the paid plans.
    I fought to keep my "grandfathered" unlimited data plan.
    It has taken me numerous calls over the past 4 months to get it right.
    Last night, we figured out that i had a 3G data plan and a 4G phone (which is silly cuz ATT's not 4G yet), but ok. so we switched to 4G data plan, unlimited.

I kept calling till I found someone who understood the problem and was willing to help. I also made sure it happened right away so I don't end up with a paid plan...

check the ATT forums...

http://forums.crackberry.com/t-cingular-f68/
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 12-15-11 at 05:57 PM.
    12-15-11 05:55 PM
    Same here. The people at the ATT store did not provision the phone correctly at first, so I couldn't get to BIS. When they fixed that it was on to ATT to make sure my unlimited international data plan made it from 3G to ATT 4G(?) correctly. Everything worked out ok (tested in China last month, used lots of data with no new charges) but it was a pain.

RIM may be gone before my contract is up in 2013, so I'm trying to figure out what the optimal strategy is for international data with an iPhone.
    12-15-11 07:36 PM
    Same here. The people at the ATT store did not provision the phone correctly at first, so I couldn't get to BIS. When they fixed that it was on to ATT to make sure my unlimited international data plan made it from 3G to ATT 4G(?) correctly. Everything worked out ok (tested in China last month, used lots of data with no new charges) but it was a pain.

RIM may be gone before my contract is up in 2013, so I'm trying to figure out what the optimal strategy is for international data with an iPhone.
    I blessed out a local ATT store mgr after letting my wife leave the store TWICE without email set up on her 9810. There was a problem with BIS switching from her Flip to the 9810, and a second time after a changeout due to the wondering touchpad issue. ATT had to reset her BIS pswd both times with the device switch. BIS worked just fine for me when I switched devices, but not for everyone apparently.

But the ATT stores are not my fav people. The mgr actually tried to blame my wife for leaving (twice?), but failed to remember that she waited for over an hr to be helped.

So here's my new yr advice - do NOT leave the store until EVERYTHING on your phone is working. Do NOT let the sales guy move on to other customers until you're totally working. Be rude if you have to - they will force you to be nasty by losing interest in your problem.
    12-30-11 09:05 AM
    I had the same issue of only showing BES. I was able to log onto my account at att.com and turn the data plan back on under the Manage Features options. A few seconds later my phone was on BIS.
    12-30-11 10:51 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD