I belong to a few BBM groups and before I installed the new BBM, I would get a notification on my home screen from whichever group had a new message.

Now, its one standard icon on my home screen and I have no idea what group has a new message.

How can I change this? Or did the new BBM get rid of that feature?

Help!
    08-16-10 10:37 AM
    I noticed it too. Looks like this bug will need to be fixed in the future release.
    08-16-10 10:40 AM
    Yes it is a bug that was reported to the beta developers and yet it still remains. Gives a whole new perspective on lazy poor programming. I would not mind if it just popped up in the release but the development team knew for a month or more of the error. Actually as I recall it was evident in the .66 version of the software too. Not sure if it was in the .55 version.
    08-16-10 11:26 AM
    Booo... I use groups ALL day to talk to my friends so I NEED that icon back on the home page for my group so it would take me right to the group and chat and it opened right away.
    Now I have to go to BBM, scroll down to Groups, open the group, go to chat, wait while it says "Retrieving Chat messages. Please wait" THEN I can finally see my messages. I was initially excited about the upgrade.... now I want to old BBM back.
    :-(
    08-17-10 11:05 AM
    Booo... I use groups ALL day to talk to my friends so I NEED that icon back on the home page for my group so it would take me right to the group and chat and it opened right away.
    Now I have to go to BBM, scroll down to Groups, open the group, go to chat, wait while it says "Retrieving Chat messages. Please wait" THEN I can finally see my messages. I was initially excited about the upgrade.... now I want to old BBM back.
    :-(

Im having problems with this new BBM too. Not the same problem as you however... i plan on going back to 5.0.0.57
    08-17-10 04:15 PM
    it was a bug i first reported in the beta zone forum. everyone else had the same issue. this bug only existed on 5.0.1.32 and was not in 5.0.1.17. now on .38, looks like they still didnt fix it. f'n pathetic if u ask me. what was the point of beta testing, asking for feedback, then releasing the official version still broken. also, why or how do you go backwards??? you release an updated version of software that has more bugs than the previous version that was working fine. how does that happen? oh well.
    08-18-10 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD