08-21-10 12:52 PM
41 12
tools
    I did an update on my phone for the first time tonight, curve 8330, the only thing I'd ever updated was BBM. Now I have the old version of BBM again, and I can't deal with it. I would really like the version I had back.

The problem? I don't have email on my phone! Last time I just plugged my phone into the computer and downloaded it straight onto my phone. Now I can't figure out how to do that. Please help me. This old BBm hurts the eyes. ugh! And I don't have that lil dancing smilie anymore lol.

Thanks
    08-17-10 08:42 PM
    08-17-10 08:51 PM
    Thank you, but that link says error.
    08-17-10 08:55 PM
    It's a RIM server error. The link is right, you'll just have to wait out their issue.
    08-17-10 08:59 PM
    Thank you! I appreciate this very much. Will this link require email though, because I do not have email on my phone for some reason. Last time I just straight up downloaded it, but for the life of me could not find that link again.
    08-17-10 09:03 PM
    That's the link to access the OTA download.
    08-17-10 09:05 PM
    Ha! You are mint! I hope they fix it soon. =oD
    08-17-10 09:22 PM
    I am so going crazy waiting for this. I seriously want to throw this phone out in the field.
    08-17-10 10:22 PM
    Ghetto is much better than under a bridge.
    08-17-10 10:26 PM
    You're right. I should stop being such a whiner. BBM is pretty much ALL I use this phone for. I don't have internet, I don't have email and I don't even phone people on it lmao. So upgrading my OS and getting my BBM hicked in the process really wasn't worth it for me. I wish this had a system restore on it. Maybe it does and I don't know how to use it. You make me laugh. Under a bridge lol. I guess I should be happy BBM still works. I am probably the only person in the world with a version this old. It's antique!! :P
    08-17-10 11:01 PM
    Nah! Not a chance you're alone. There was a way to prevent it, but alas, it's too late for you now.
    08-17-10 11:07 PM
    08-18-10 04:47 AM
    apparently I cannot open a .jad file now. I downloaded something that promised I could open it but they lie. 0_0
    08-18-10 05:46 AM
    That last link definitely works. You using your phone's browser?
    08-18-10 05:50 AM
    My phone has no browser. Serious. I never should have did that OS update. Oh well I'm going to call and get this data plan updated. This could all be solved if I just get email/internet on my phone right? lol. So messed up. I guess I should be glad that the biggest problem in my life is BBM. =oD
    08-18-10 06:04 AM

How the heck did you upgrade BBM to begin with? I could send you the files to do it by PC, but that won't be till tonight.
    08-18-10 06:10 AM
    It was so easy. I went to blackberry.com several months ago, I plugged my phone into my computer and hit download and a new version of BBM just magically appeared onto my phone. I literally hit one button and it was sooo easy. Now I'm like why can't I just do that again lol. Thank you for your help. I appreaciate it greatly.
    08-18-10 06:22 AM
    Well in that case you'll be uber when you get this BBM installed. That was still basically ghetto BBM compared to what I'm linking you to.
    08-18-10 06:29 AM
    I just checked AppWorld, and the latest is now available there too.
    08-18-10 06:30 AM
    Haahaa I am uber excited. To be honest I was happy with the one I had, so now you really understand just how ghetto this BBM version I have is. No pics, no status' etc. I have to go do some work...imagine! I will have to figure this out later. Thanks a million.
    08-18-10 06:50 AM
    Something got screwed to heck then. No BBM is missing those elements, and the BBM in any newer OS should be 5.0.0.57 at a minimum.
    08-18-10 06:56 AM
    This is the version that came with my phone. The pictures beside the names of my contacts are just dumb little smiles, not an actual picture. It say's it's version 4.5 if that helps. I just want the one I had before I updated the OS, back. I've had it for months, it looks exactly like this version 5.0 that everyone is going on about. Is there something between the two maybe it was that one. Technology is not my strong point.
    08-18-10 08:30 PM
    What the heck device, and OS did you upgrade to?
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-18-10 at 11:00 PM.
    08-18-10 10:56 PM
    I don't know these answers haahaa. I have 4.5 now. I just did the update from blackberry.com. It hicked my BBM. The store today told me no way I had 5.0 bbm and my phone won't support it. They lie, because I checked my friends today and he has the same one I had. 5.0. I must get it back. I tried to upgrade my data plan today just so I can download it but Telus was down and they told me to call back in 2 hours. As if. So I'm still rockin out ghetto fabulous style.
    08-19-10 08:08 PM
    Well if you'd like some help, look in Options->Status, and tell me if you have an ESN or MEID 8330. I can get you the link to the latest OS, the instructions for installing it, and the files to that newest BBM you want.
    08-19-10 08:19 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD