Ok so here is the deal. I installed the official 5.0. Had a leaked version prior. Everything went fine. Opened up BBM and had no contacts. No big deal. Restored a backup. The window closed and before the backup had a chance to restore, my contacts all showed up. Well the backup went through, still had all contacts, but no avatars. a few avatars started to show up. Not all. Even the people who have the official BBM 5.0 were not showing up.. But some where. Then most people with the OBBM were showing up. Then I though maybe the rest still had leaked versions and that is why they were not showing up. Well one person who has a leaked version, I can see his avatar. I dont know if this is because of the large amounts of people bombarding the servers with downloading the official version and setting up remote backup and what not, but any insight would be greatly apreciated.
    10-08-09 06:39 AM
    try resending service books and battery pull, you're not alone, mine is working fine but i'm seeing this issue floating around, if that doesn't fix anything maybe just give it time to work itself out, i assure you tho, the feature is working...
    p.s. WHO-DEY
    10-08-09 06:42 AM
    try resending service books and battery pull, you're not alone, mine is working fine but i'm seeing this issue floating around, if that doesn't fix anything maybe just give it time to work itself out, i assure you tho, the feature is working...
    p.s. WHO-DEY
    I have reboot several times. LOL and done service books. Sorry I should have added that into my post. I am BB certified, and did tech support for cincinnati bell, so I usually only post questions and concerns when all the normal fixes don't work. LOL but I do appreciate your intput. Thank you.
    10-08-09 08:28 AM
    i downloaded os 5.0.0.314 .. works great i had some older programs/themse that work with it. (dont know if that can be problem but..)

cant see any of my contacts icons.. LIKE ALL OF EM.. cant see none of their icons on my bbm.

using bbm 5.0.0.33 (OEM release) and os 5.0.0.314 (obviously leak)

ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO KOMBAT THIS ISSUE. I'LL BE LOOKIN ALL DAT FOR ANSWERS LOL. if not then downgrading and redo'ng everything, so save me trouble if you can guys. LETS GO
    11-01-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD