HELP!!! My phone is completely screwed up after downloading the official bbm 5 release this morning.

I was running the older version 4.x and downloaded bbm 5 through BB Apps, not through Desktop Manager.

After the install, my bbm completely disappeared. It does not appear under downloads, and it doesn't appear where my old BBM did. So I went to BB App World and tried to RUN it from there, it wouldn't do anything. It shows that it's installed, but I can't RUN it. Not only is that screwy, but my text new msg and email new msg notify icon is always on my screen, even though I have no new msgs.

I uninstalled BBM through Options --> Advanced --> Applications and tried reinstalling 3 times and still the same thing.

I've been able to install the older version OTA, but now all my bbm contacts are gone

HELP! I would like to install the newer version of BBM, but how can I get it OTA and get it to actually run on my Curve 8900.
    10-08-09 09:53 AM
    I went to www.blackberry.com/messenger...and hopefully you had a back-up of your device before trying to install OTA.
    10-08-09 09:57 AM
    That link does not work. It does to a "page does not exist" on blackberry.com.

I do have a backup. Thank goodness.
    10-08-09 10:00 AM
    Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait to boot up.
    10-08-09 10:16 AM
    10-08-09 10:17 AM
    The only thing that worked for me was installed the older bbm.

Then from my phone browser to http://www.blackberry.com/send/messenger and downloaded through there.

It's an OTA install. And it worked like magic. Now I have no problems. Just need to get my bbm contacts. But that's it.
    10-08-09 01:19 PM
    Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait to boot up.
    had the same issue, and tried this fix - worked like a charm. thanks so much, you saved my bb
    10-08-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD