what does this do exactly?

i assumed that with this set to yes i would hear an alert while on a call but thats not the case. i have yet to receive any kind of alert of a new messege while on a call. only thing ive noticed is that the led would be blinking but if im on a call how would that really be notifying me?
    01-21-10 12:05 PM
    Not sure which setting you are referring to but with VZW, you are not able to be on a phone call and receive data at the same time. The LED is blinking due to phone use or the message coming in as you hang up. VZW's network does not support phone and data at the same time.
    01-21-10 01:05 PM
    On my Storm2, if I have Windows Live Messenger on, and I'm connected to a WiFi network, if I'm on a call and receive a message through WLM I will hear a beep. The same goes for calendar, tasks, and other internal programs. Otherwise I can browse the internet and get/send emails while I'm connected to WiFi.
    01-21-10 01:15 PM
    On my Storm2, if I have Windows Live Messenger on, and I'm connected to a WiFi network, if I'm on a call and receive a message through WLM I will hear a beep. The same goes for calendar, tasks, and other internal programs. Otherwise I can browse the internet and get/send emails while I'm connected to WiFi.
    Bingo. You have to be on wifi in order to receive any kind of data while you're on the phone. It works great.
    01-21-10 03:43 PM
    i have tested this and the claims for having to be on wifi and not being able to recieve txts during calls are false. i tested these out with my gf last night. she has an s1 and i have an s2. we both have wifi off. i called her phone and we both set them to speaker. and txted each other while still on the phone. she recieved the red flashing led an a *beep beep* notification while i only received the flashing led. we were both able to check and reply to our texts while still on the phone. we did it again and same results.

i checked my settings against hers and they are identical, both with "notify me during calls" set to yes.

can someone tell me what im doing wrong or is it because the s2 simply does not do the "beep beep" during calls or is my phone defective?
    01-23-10 03:39 PM
    This feature works on my VZW Tour. i don't hear my regular alert tone for SMS, but a softer beep in the headset speaker. Do you not hear that?

what does this do exactly?

i assumed that with this set to yes i would hear an alert while on a call but thats not the case. i have yet to receive any kind of alert of a new messege while on a call. only thing ive noticed is that the led would be blinking but if im on a call how would that really be notifying me?
    01-23-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD