Hi all!

I just got my Blackberry Tour, and I quickly fell in love; however, since I'm a new user, please forgive me if my question is mundane and/or repetitive. So I merged all of my messages to my Messages account (e-mail, SMS, etc.), and ALL of them give me a little red notification mark on the icon EXCEPT my BBM. Even though I can check and send BBM through the Messages, whenever I get a new one, I don't get any sort of visual notification on the Messages icon (like the kind I get when I have a new e-mail or new SMS). My phone alerts me with a noise, and I can see the BBM icon at the very top of the screen, but that's it. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Or is this normal?

Thanks!
    12-11-09 08:10 AM
    It's normal. Since BBM is a seperate application, the red star will only appear for the BBM icon.
    12-11-09 08:21 AM
    Right. So look for the BBM icon and put in on the main screen, i find it more convinient. It should be under instant messaging or applications.
    12-11-09 09:27 AM
    You can also pull up BBM thru your device switcher. Press and hold the menu (BlackBerry) button and a box will pull up with a few different applications in it. Locate BBM and click on it, that will take you to it.
    This box also shows what you currently have running in the background. You will always have phone, browser, home screen, BBM, and messages running on this.
    12-11-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD