Hello,

I purchased an unlocked international torch from Amazon and had so much problems getting it to work on tmobile, but finally it was rebooted and fixed at tmobile store. All seems to be working just fine bUT i noticed that while I am on a phone call I cannot send or recieve BBM messages. Please help directing me on how to resolve this. I suspect it may be due to EDGE and maybe if I had UMA? not sure as I have just learned all these things within thw last 36 hours. Thanks you.
    03-06-11 01:02 PM
    Yep, you hit the nail on the head. You won't get data and voice at the same unless you are on 3G which is not possible on a Torch on TMobile.
    03-06-11 01:09 PM
    will I get data if I am on UMA?
    03-06-11 04:03 PM
    UMA uses wifi. If you use wifi, BIS will be tunneled through wifi. If the phone is in EDGE, and you have wifi enabled, you can get data while on a call. As for data with UMA, it should get data while on a UMA call, as wifi does not have the same constraint as edge, since they are different protocols. I don't think you can get UMA on the torch though, but its probably doable using the escreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-06-11 at 04:27 PM.
    03-06-11 04:23 PM
    Hello,

I purchased an unlocked international torch from Amazon and had so much problems getting it to work on tmobile, but finally it was rebooted and fixed at tmobile store. All seems to be working just fine bUT i noticed that while I am on a phone call I cannot send or recieve BBM messages. Please help directing me on how to resolve this. I suspect it may be due to EDGE and maybe if I had UMA? not sure as I have just learned all these things within thw last 36 hours. Thanks you.
    as the other members have mentioned, you can't have both.. calls and data on EDGE.. but look at the bright side, you're using an awesome touch screen OS 6 blackberry... on T-mobile.
    and how many times do you have to call and use BBM/data at the same time?
    small price to pay if you ask me.
    enjoy the torch.. be sure to update to the latest OS whether official or leaked. ( 6.0.337 and 6.0.450)
    it will make the phone experience better, the browsing smoother and the whole UI response simply faster.
    03-06-11 04:29 PM
    as long as you are connected to a wifi network while on the phone, you can use voice and data at the same time. if you are just on EDGE, you cannot.
    03-06-11 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD