Hi All,

I am using the latest FB app v1.9.0.20 for OS 5.0 - Running the latest OS5 official release 5.0.0.979 (AT&T) on an unlocked T-Mobile US Blackberry 9700.

The last week, I've noticed that I am not receiving any FB notifications. I'm not getting a FB icon on the top of the home screen saying that I have a FB message in my inbox. I also do not get a text-based / email saying I have a FB notification.

I have double checked my FB notifications and I definitely have the notifications enabled. I am using Gmail as my email linked to my BB.

Has anyone experienced this behavior? Any suggestions for a solution please? I have tried a battery pull reboot, reinstalling the FB app, removing the FB app and reinstalling. I've also only just recently wiped the OS clean with BBSAK and installed the latest official version of OS5 a couple weeks ago ago, so the software is very clean with almost no other 3rd party apps installed except for Google Maps, Facebook, Worldmate, and Whatsapp.

Thank you in advance for your support.
    01-19-11 04:35 PM
    Had the same problem. Delete, then reinstall FB. Reboot phone. For me, I think it was because I logged out of the mobile site.. When u visit the mobile site, don't logout. Could be wrong tho lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 08:12 PM
    I'm not receiving them either. There seems to be a problem considering there are a few topics about this.

01-22-11 05:35 PM
    I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled FB, and rebooted - still having the same issues..... can anyone help?
    01-22-11 08:23 PM
    I got mine back to working by logging out and then back in.

01-22-11 08:34 PM
    thanks all for the continued support.

I think I found the problem - I checked my notification settings on facebook.com again and surprisingly the boxes were NOT checked for 'email me when someone messages me, pokes me, posts on wall, etc'

When I responded a couple days ago, the boxes were checked!!

Something is editing those settings.... I have FB installed on my blackberry and on my ipod touch 4g.

Is an application auto updating my notifications for some reason?
    01-25-11 05:25 PM
    same thing has been happening to a lot of people, apparently it's widespread

OS 6 users found an update leaked on the blog but OS 5 has no resolution

I just tried reinstalling and logging back in and got this message

So I guess I'll get a notification when notifications are back online...lol
    01-25-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD